Just arrived

Paul B

My order from HLJ arrived this morning and I've now had chance to open it and ooo & ahh at the kits. The big one has been wisked away to be wraped as my crimbo presie from the parents :D

Big brown box, what could be inside I wonder :hmmm:

box.jpg

Ooo, four new kits :D

kits.jpg

Hasagawa 1:72 VF-0S in Reactive Armour (Macross Zero)

vf_kit.jpg

Bandai Master Grade 1:35 Ingram AV-98 unit 1 "Alphonse" (Patlabour)

ingram_mg_kit.jpg

Edited by Paul B

Nice presents mate!!!!!

One question mate....when you order from china retailer do you pay customs or post office fees? I am looking to order from china but i am afraid that i would have to pay customs!!!!!

I've not had to pay any customs or currier fees on the orders from Japan and Hong Kong so far.

Cool. I was curious about the Gundham kits, as I build one of the Super Macross kits when I was a kid, and my son is getting to the age where he is ready to start seriously into model building and as he is into Anime, Transformers and Power Rangers, so I was looking at the Gundham stuff the other day but had no idea what was what.

Can you reccommend something that is substantial enough to be impressive when built but not too complex or too many parts to put 7 year old off? That Ingram thing looks pretty cool. Personally though I like that VF-OS thing. Looks really cool. I remember the one I built looked like half F-15 and half Robot. I had it for ages, and must have painted it and re-painted it several times.

Cheers,

Jay

:) Gundam... offical Bandai kits are the best to get, they use pre-coloured plastic, the bits snap together once cut of the spru and you get some stickers to add for the details. But if you want they can also be full painted. Best to start with the 1/144 High Grade (HG) kits which are the cheapest, next come the 1/100 Master Grade (MG) then the top of the line 1/60 Perfect Grade (PG) kits.

Gundam Mad is a good place to start looking, but like any UK site, you will pay a premium for the kits. I get mine from Hobby Link Japan.

Very nice kits Paul. Is that the Patlabor kit with the working lights for the shoulders?

Paul Harrison

Holy poo-poo! Those look awesome. I have never really gotten into that stuff, since it seems too far out there for my curmudgeonly ways. But looking at the kits you have there opens my eyes. Is there a lot of information on the Net about these kits and the stories behind the subjects.

I might see what I can hunt up...

Boxes that rustled when shaken sitting under the Crimble tree...aah fond memories of Xmas past (and present). Jumpers for goalposts... seriously though nice selection. I'm doing the new fine molds Y-wing at the moment, first sci-fi kit (usually A/C) and I'm loving it. See you've got the Tie Interceptor-will do next year hopefully. Merry Christmas!

PS My wife got me the Eduard Mirage 2000 from Ebay but I "intercepted" it at the front door. Oh well...

I havn't got the TIE Interceptor yet, but I do have the TIE Fighter, X-Wing, Y-Wing, and both SLAVE 1's to build. And I'm hoping to get the Millenium Falcon for Christmas.

Ooh, the Falcon. I think if I knew that was under the tree I don't think I could open it and spoil the moment, that's assuming it would ever make it there. Saw one at Telford on the Milton Keynes stand and it was :coolio: Merry Christmas

Very nice kits Paul. Is that the Patlabor kit with the working lights for the shoulders?

Paul Harrison

Afraid not :( that kit is an upgrade option which is currently selling for around £47 inc. the 1/35 MG Ingram kit. HLJ don't have it in stock :(

Holy poo-poo! Those look awesome. I have never really gotten into that stuff, since it seems too far out there for my curmudgeonly ways. But looking at the kits you have there opens my eyes. Is there a lot of information on the Net about these kits and the stories behind the subjects.

I might see what I can hunt up...

Best way to get a quick overview is by searching on wikipedia.org. The two main Kits above are from the Macross animated series and the Mobile Police Patlabor series. Others to look at are Gundam, Eureka Seven, Escaflowne & Neon Genesis Evangelion B) All these feature big robots (Mecha). As for the kits Hobby Link Japan covers all the bases :D

|-( )-|

:D Can't wait for Christmas day. Knowing that I have these kits waiting isn't going to detract from the fun off getting my dirty mitts on them, or the fun of building 'em :D Hope every one as a good Christmas.

Right then, thanks for the info. Wikepedia it is. I will likely just find one I like the look of and go from there.

Happy Xmas.

• 2 weeks later...

Some new kits to arrive on these sunny shores from Hong Kong:

Noriko Takaya (& Exelion) from Aim for the Top! Gunbuster, OAV series by Gainax. Noriko is the first pilot of the Gunbuster Machine and later becomes the main pilot of Buster Machine No.1 - I'll dig out some pics of the mighty Gunbuster! (scratch build project for a latter date)

noriko_photo.jpg

1/8 GK Belldandy & Holybell from Ah, My Goddess... So cute :wub:

amg_photo.jpg

Kit inspection... all 74 pieces of resin and not a one broken :D it's going to be hard build, but fun :D

amg_kit.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Paul, I am becomming a big Gundam geek!!! Any good tips on building them?? I am seriously thinking of a vignette battle scene with a couple of em. Thoughts??

Cheers

Mike

Nice!!! Be carefull to use Gudam's from the same series, the geeks will rip you to shreads if you mix them up! The Bandai kits use pre-coloured plastic so you don't have to paint 'em if you don't want to. The kits are all the snap together type and should only take an hour or three to assemble ;) If you're not painting 'em just be really care full removing the parts from the sprue to minimise the amount of sanding required.

Types of Kit: HG (High Grade) 1/144, MG(Master Grade) 1/100 & PG (Perfect Grade) 1/60 - Resin conversion sets are available from E2046.com & HobbyFan.com :D

Take a look at the Gundam Mad site for lots of good info on the kits and building tips :D

|-( )-|

Had an influx of stuff arrive from various places.

Needle files & srewdriver set from Maplin. Styrene strips (1mm, 3.2mm & 4.8mm x 0.5mm), Mr Color thinner, Tam' P2000 abrasive & Micro mesh 4 way flexi file from Hiroboy. 10 x Styrene sheets from Cheshire models and Mr Color Pearl White, Red, Blue & Green from E2046

bits.jpg

Some new & spare bits for the E_sky Honey Bee CP2 (still not dispatched due to the trainer set being out of stock!) Read about the tail motor running very hot and possiblity of it failing so I got the cooing fin for it and the main motor, will probably do the twin tail motor upgrade for it at some point. Spare set of main and tail blades for when I do crash it :D

copter_bits.jpg

Edited by Paul B

• 1 month later...

Two new kits just in from Japan (HLJ again)... It's a bit weired as this was the second order I placed and it's arrived first, still waiting on the bigger order to arrive :(

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-0S with Ghost... a big kit for a 1/72, that an A1 sheet under there!

VF-0S_with_Ghost_Booster_ki.jpg

Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1S Battleroid mode.

VF-1S_Battleroid_kit.jpg

A little project to pass the time latter in the year - Six kits from the Macross universe, Two kits from Macross Zero (VF-0S x 2 - Roy Focker), two from Macross[Robotech] (VF-1S x 2 - Roy Focker) and two from Macross Plus (YF-19 - Isamu Dyson, YF-21 - Guld Goa Bowman). Three of the kits & an upgrade kit are yet to arrive... Should be fun :D

Ohh, my other box from HLJ arrived this morning (had to collect it form LPO) and I picked up an Airfix 1/72 Harrier GR3 while I was out...

Here's all the kits, can't wait...

stash2.jpg

Bandai has just re-released all their original Macross kits (11 in total) as part of last years 25th Macross anniversary. They're in various scales 1/72, 1/100, 1/144 and the SDF-1 at 1/8000. All ready ordered the six 1/100 scale kits plus the 1/8000 SDF-1, should be here in a week or two :D

Edited by Paul B

Very nice haul of kits there Paul! I've been wanting some Valkyries myself, I'll get round to it some day.

Paul Harrison

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...