BIG NEWS!

richellis

Just has an e-mail from Roden, and.........

DC-6 in 1/144, no news on livery but if the DC-7 is any thing to go by, it will be good, and have alot of options!

Carvair ATL-98 in 1/144 OH YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

C-124 Globemaster II again in 1/144!

see here!

Like DC-6's and the Globemaster II should be a lot more affordable than Anigrands. Might get the Carvair if I can find a 1/144th Aston Martin and Goldfingers Rolls Royce!

Paul Harrison

I don't model civils as a rule but would love to do that DC-6 in the British Eagle livery as Air Atlantique's! My highlight of Farnborough a couple of years ago - even beating the A380 debut

Andy

is that a DC6 or a DC6A ?

...and will the carvair have an open-able front door with interior detail?

Globemaster - mmmm...yeah ok then :)

That is very good news. But bigger still for me is the Staggerwing in Civil colours. I knew they'd do that just because I rushed out and bought the fist issue in Mil colours!!

DC-6 in 1/144, no news on livery but if the DC-7 is any thing to go by, it will be good, and have alot of options!

see here!

Oh, if only they were in 1:72 ... no more hacking the Heller kit to get a decent DC-6!

is that a DC6 or a DC6A ?

...and will the carvair have an open-able front door with interior detail?

Globemaster - mmmm...yeah ok then :)

Considering it will most likely (like the 7C) have a solid fuselage, it doesn't matter if it's a -6A or a -6B. The straight DC-6 was shorter, but the A and B had the same fuselage, just with or without cargo doors.

I wouldn't hold my breath for the Carvair to have interior detail. Look at the DC-7C. A very basic kit.

Densil Wade is probably hating life right about now...

J

The Roden DC-7C sprue photos show a normal injection-molded fuselage, like this shot from Modeling Madness:

Peter

Suspect Jennings, when saying solid fuselage, was inferring no pax windows ala Minicraft kits versus Revell kits with moulded open pax windows. Different window & door configurations would then be irrelevant on the same length fuselage as they would be represented by decals

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

see here!

:D

Nice choice of subjects. Pity they're in the wrong scale :(

Would have bought at least 2 of each if they'd been 1/72 scale!

Maybe one day............................!!!

• 1 year later...

"My big criticism of the kit is with the fuselage, there are no locating tabs or pins on the fuselage half’s, and they will be very hard to get lined up."

Methinks this reviewer has had a very sheltered modelling life! All it takes is a little care, and is much easier than doing the same with misaligned location pins, which used to be common. Bulkheads in vacforms, yes, but surely making a suitable set of bulkheads is much more work and considerably harder than just aligning the two parts properly?

Badly timed kits, I've only just finished the Fresin Carvair, and that wasn't easy to make look nice. Presumably Roden will do a DC-4 despite the presence of the Minicraft kit, as there are many schemes for the type. Not least military ones, if I may speak such words in this forum?

Agree about the lack of pins being no problem.

As you say they often need to be cut off older kits. A little care and working in sections is the better way anyway.

I've not been able to get back into the hobby as my home life is not yet settled enough so I'd not made my F-RSIN kit. Nice decals but I wanted a door open interior vis model and the work involved clearing out the fuse was immense. I'll probably make that one closed up and do the nose open on this.

At the end of the day this is a Carvair and with a few tools it can be as close to reality as you want to make it. Maybe there are probs if you want to grab and glue...but where's the fun in that anyway. A kit is just a basis you your own model.

This has evoked an interest I've not had for a while...looking forward to it. A fair price too

The Carvair fin and rudder was a slightly different size, a slightly different shape and had a completely different rudder.

Bot were extensions of the basic C-54 unit, Douglas via the DC 6 and ATL straight to that rough size, but it was an all new mod and the similarity is due to the similar starting point, but, nonetheless the fin/rudder is not the same as a DC 7C.