XX350 - steamin' in at the last minute....

Kev1n

you can either read (or re-read) the whole topic....

or scroll down 'till you come to the new bits :)

ok, I'm here....finally....got around to actually staring my Italeri Hawk....all grey RAF....

so what have I done so far;

well,....I've opened the box.

there....

oh, and started the cockpit bits n pieces.....pics up either later today or tomorrow. Or maybe Monday

Just thought I'd let you know I am still alive and will be building my hawk for the GB

:)

btw - it's 1/72nd scale....

Edited by kev1n

serial no......ummmmm.......can't remember - it's all grey and the number is in the list of people in the gb....

pics.....ok then...I always do what I'm asked....

RAFHawkT1_cockpit-seats1.jpg

RAFHawkT1_cockpit-seats3_uncropped.jpg

RAFHawkT1_cockpit-seats6.jpg

RAFHawkT1_fuse2.jpg

RAFHawkT1_fuse1.jpg

ok then....

depending how much time I spend on my harriers, tornadoes, boeing 777, phantom and one or two other sundry items on the production line,

hopefully I'll have real progress by the end of the week.....I might even get it finished by the deadline......

:)

basically together now, but did hit a small prob with the top of the fuselage - I've no idea why this was designed with a separate section for the

top of the fuselage....anybody know what's in there on the real aircraft?

anyway...it doesnt fit very well...

RAFHawkT1_fuse3-TopPoorFit0.jpg

RAFHawkT1_fuse3-TopPoorFit1.jpg

I fixed it now so but still a bit of filler needed, so thats where I'm at....

RAFHawkT1_fuse6-TopPoorFit3-fixed.jpg

RAFHawkT1_fuse3-TopPoorFit2.jpg

more later :)

here's the decal btw....it's the RAF bit I'll be using, tho' I wouldnt mind using both the others at some point in the future...

RAFHawk0_italeridecals1.jpg

the top part is needing a lot more workj than I thought it would......so does the join between the wing and fuse underneath

(I really really REALLY....dont like one-piece wings that are supposed to slot into the bottom of the fuse....they never fit right :()

ok then - primer is on....it all looks ok....I can start painting...

YAAAAAYYYYY !...happy me!.... :thumbsup::hobbyhorse:

RAFHawk_primer3.jpg

RAFHawk_primer2.jpg

btw -

what do you think about this grey?

does it look sort of military like?

I have a question about an open canopy...

it opens to the right, so I guess there must be some hinges of some kind?

what do they look like?

any pics available?

obvo I want mine open so I'd like to get it looking right....

thanks!

that helps :):):):)

just working on getting the front part of the cockpit canopy fairied in properly - it doesnt fit as neatly as I really wanted but hopefully I'll have that done tonight.

THEN....I can start painting and detailing.......

Just the canopy to do......be done tonight, pics up tomorrow (sunday) coz no doubt it will be a late night and when I'm done I'll be tired.

ok then.....it's done :)

1 BAE Hawk, Italeri 1/72nd scale, RAF, sometime when they were painted grey.....

completed last night at around 1140....then I went to bed....

(I was very weary after a long day)

RAFHawkcomplete3.jpg

RAFHawkcomplete4.jpg

RAFHawkcomplete5.jpg

RAFHawkcomplete6.jpg

I guess it's as done as it's going to be tho' I'm not really content with the canopy...I'll probably take it off and do it again sometime.....not right now tho'

...a tornado, two phantoms, and sundry harriers plus some McDonnell Douglas airliners need doing....

oh yeah....it's just as it comes, no extra parts, decals as supplied (see post above) cockpit details all painted by me etc etc

I was wondering about that piece of 'glass' that goes in between the two crew on the canopy....is it there on a real one?

I was wondering about that piece of 'glass' that goes in between the two crew on the canopy....is it there on a real one?

Yup, it sure is.

That's a good looking Hawk you've got there. I like the way you've managed to seamlessly blend in the front canopy, gives a great end result.

Mark.

ty - the fin colour was decided entirely by what came onm the kit decal sheet....a bit limited really but thats how it goes.

I would have liked a bit more colour actually and I'm not convinced by the shade of the roundels either.

Maybe thats something else I can deal with at some point