Fokker Dr. 1

Here is my recently completed 1/32 scale Roden Fokker Dr. 1. I don't normally build WW1 models, but felt like a change!

I didn't want to build the usual all - red version, so chose this instead. Parhaps it was me, but I had trouble with the decals silvering badly and modified the fuselage / rudder crosses with white trimfilm edging.

Some of the components were a bit of a pain to fit, requiring some filing to get a decent fit, but on the whole I'm quite pleased with the end result. All comments (Good or bad! ) gratefully received! :cheers:

triplane9copy.jpg

Triplane1copy.jpg

Triplane7copy.jpg

Triplane3copy.jpg

triplane4copy.jpg

Triplane5.jpg

Triplane6copy.jpg

That is a nice clean build, you now need to do several more WW1 aircraft to keep it company.

Good looking Fokker, just a suggestion, giving the metal cowling a semi-gloss finish would add to the overall presentation..

Certainly a great start to a large scale WWI collection...

Cheers,

ggc

Good looking Fokker, just a suggestion, giving the metal cowling a semi-gloss finish would add to the overall presentation..

Yes, exactly that. It's a lovely job of a kit from Roden and we all know they take some skill to put together so well. I also love the half and half scheme, very interesting! I echo the comment quoted though. The cowl was painted metal, the rest doped wood or fabric so I'd expect a colour or at least sheen variation. I am nit-picking though. I'd be very happy to have produced that little fella.

Really good for your first WW1 plane. I've built several Roden kits and can understand the problems getting things to fit properly - especially the interior.

Epeeman

Nice one! Looks great in that half and half scheme. I'm tempted to do one myself now.

As for Roden decals, I have always had trouble with them. They look great on the sheet, but its often a different story once you start to put them on a model.

John

Nice one! Looks great in that half and half scheme. I'm tempted to do one myself now.

As for Roden decals, I have always had trouble with them. They look great on the sheet, but its often a different story once you start to put them on a model.

John

Many thanks for the kind words, and it's nice to know I'm not the only one who's had problems with the decals!

If I build another Roden model I'll use after market markings on it. :cheers: