1/48 - DHC-1 Chipmunk resin kit by Heritage Aviation - released

Homebee

Fresh out is the Heritage Aviation 1/48th DHC-1 Chipmunk - to be honest a bit pricy for such a small aircraft... But cheaper than the Aeroclub one on Ebay. confused.gif

http://www.heritageaviationmodelsltd.co.uk...munk-1289-p.asp

from the talented hands of Alan Southcombe comes this beautiful kit of the venerable chippy. With thanks to the B.B.M.F. for their help. Resin, vac form and decals.

NOW: £40.00

dhchipmunk1289p1.jpg

dhchipmunk21289p1.jpg

V.P.

mattmemory22.jpg

Edited by Homebee

And like gems... Pricy. Mine is in quick progress despite being not really easy to assemble.

Very useful are the 1/48th detailed 3-view drawings published in a old Dan-Mil magazine dated 1978...

chipmunk02.jpg

chipmunk06.jpg

chipmunk07.jpg

chipmunk08.jpg

Target:

uk27.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

And like gems... Pricy. Mine is in quick progress despite being not really easy to assemble.

Very useful were the 1/48th 3-view drawings published in a old Dan-Mil magazine dated 1978...

chipmunk02.jpg

chipmunk06.jpg

chipmunk07.jpg

chipmunk08.jpg

Target:

uk27.jpg

V.P.

hi

out of interest what didn't you find easy? several buyers have got back to me reporting and i quote "it falls together" note no sign of filler on yours so wondered where your problems are, i may be able to tweak the masters.

rgds ian

hi

out of interest what didn't you find easy? several buyers have got back to me reporting and i quote "it falls together" note no sign of filler on yours so wondered where your problems are, i may be able to tweak the masters.

rgds ian

Dear Ian,

The main problems (until now) are:

- the underfuselage in the cockpit zone presents a serious problem of symmetry;

- the aforementioned problem creates difficulties to assemble the wings in a perfect symmetrical and dihedral way. A lot of (swearwords) CA/Epoxy glue, sandpaper and rescribing work;

- the left wing slat is slightly bigger than the one of the right wing. Another sandpaper work.

No sign of filler... That's the magical aspect of the Gunze Mr Surfacer, first as filler and later air-brushed as base coat. :P

That said the general casting, cockpit as well as surface details are really fine. But I doubt that it's possible to describe such a resin kit as a "falls together". ;)

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Dear Ian,

The main problems (until now) are:

- the underfuselage in the cockpit zone presents a serious problem of symmetry;

- the aforementioned problem creates difficulties to assemble the wings in a perfect symmetrical and dihedral way. A lot of (swearwords) CA/Epoxy glue, sandpaper and rescribing work;

- the left wing slat is slightly bigger than the one of the right wing. Another sandpaper work.

No sign of filler... That's the magical aspect of the Gunze Mr Surfacer, first as filler and later air-brushed as base coat. :P

That said the general casting, cockpit as well as surface details are really fine. But I doubt that it's possible to describe such a resin kit as a "falls together". ;)

V.P.

well you've stumped me and two other builders.....can't see the problem...one slat is about 2 thou bigger....well in limits for resin shrinkage :rolleyes:

ian

Edited by iant