Op Granby Jaguar GR.1A

Felt like doing something a little easier and quicker to assemble than my normal fare. This is the Revell (& Italeri/Tamiya) 1/72 Jaguar, in its Marks & Spencer Xmas guise from a few years back.

DSC_0443-640.jpg

This one came from the Marks outlet in Swindon for the grand sum of £4.99 !!!! For various reasons, I have not used the kit decals (which look very nice) but instead used a Modeldecal Gulf War set for XX733 "Biggles".

DSC_0436-640.jpg

There are 2 small mods to the kit as supplied - the antenna behind the cockpit and the bombs. Humbrol 250 enamel, with an oily wash and a few areas in the underlying grey/green. It looks a lot dirtier in real life than th ephotos suggest!

DSC_0438-640.jpg

Difficult to believe it was all 20 years ago.

DSC_0435-640.jpg

FredT :)

I never had the privilege to see the Jaguar fly. Only static.

Too bad, I think the aircraft looks mean and I love it.

You did a really great job. Splendid looking Jaguar. Well done.

Very nice job there. I must say the Jaguar is one of my favouite aircraft. Bloomin' noisey though. When I was with 2622 at Lossie our building was a stones throw from the runway and the first time I heard them taking off I thought a bomb had gone off. Beautiful sight though.

Can't wait for the Trumpeter one.

Steve

Thank you for the kind comments. Mrs T took one look at the box-art and decided it was a "sexy plane". So I just had to build it. :)

I love RAF Gulf War birds. Where'd you get the twin-bomb racks?

Scratched from a couple of spare 1000lb ers (a bit too fat looking to my mind) plus a couple of bits from the spares box (think it was a launcher for Sea Eagle) for the beam. Not entirely happy with them, so they may change in due course.

FredT :)