British Sniper - Afghanistan

1964rac

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cheers guys for the comments.

I got a British Javelin Operator from the wife for Christmas, another 120mini.com figure.

Can not wait to make a start on it. But have told myself, must finished the other projects and make the Imperial Gallery Marine Falklands figure, as it is the 30th Anniversary this year.

So much to do and not enough hours or days in the weekend.

Cheers

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

I am not a figure modeller (not since my pre-teen days when I fought huge battles on the plateau of my bed with opposing armies comprising Airfix and Matchbox 1/76 scale figures!) and decided to peruse this sub-forum just out of interest...

I am very, very impressed with both the quality of the figure and the quality of your work which has really brought out the detail and captured the essence of the moment!

I think you have done the eyes really well, which compliment the expression moulded into the figure's face.

Without taking anything away from your excellent work, the one thing I thought could be improved is a little more contrast between his boots and boot laces. I'm not familiar with the uniform, so perhaps in real life they are exactly the same colour (?) but I reckon if you can just make a tad of contrast there (perhaps paint the laces a touch darker?) then it will make them look less moulded-on.

Well done indeed.

• 5 months later...
Cheers guys for the comments.

I got a British Javelin Operator from the wife for Christmas, another 120mini.com figure.

Can not wait to make a start on it. But have told myself, must finished the other projects and make the Imperial Gallery Marine Falklands figure, as it is the 30th Anniversary this year.

So much to do and not enough hours or days in the weekend.

Cheers

Richard

Hi

Have you started your Javelin Operator? Any chance of a box review? Cant find any reviews on this figure anywhere.

Cheers Matt.

• 3 months later...

Hi

Have you started your Javelin Operator? Any chance of a box review? Cant find any reviews on this figure anywhere.

Cheers Matt.

Hi Matt,

Yes I have started this figure, sometime ago. Had trouble with pose, I think the parts have come from two different figures, torso & legs did not fit to well so have been struggling with the pose of the figure.

I will post some images tonight of it at the moment - primed ready for painting.

Also look out for my Saxon Warrior which I will also post here tonight. Figure from Mitches Military Models, very nice figure..

Cheers

Richard

Fantastic piece, well done indeed.

I've jusy got to add a little bit here for the benefit of Giorgio, you would think he was lucky yes but when you here that he took out two targets consecutively at the same distance! The LAPAU .338 Magnum round is widely regarded as one of the most stable rounds in flight. I'll admit that the condition must have been perfect but it was pure skill, not luck.