Hobby Boss 1/48 Ta-152C-0

Well she's done, and I am very happy.

Great fit and detail on what has to be one of the nicest looking a/c of WWII. The kit has surely copped a fair flogging on discussion sites, but for all these negatives, the positives easily outweigh them. And I must say, I am really growing fond of the late model 190s and I see myself doing plenty more in the future.

Kit details:

Kit - Hobby Boss 1/48 Ta-152C-0

Decals - OOB

Paints - All Gunze (Thanks to Calum for getting me that HTF Light Green RLM colour)

Wheels - True details

Seat - Ultracast

Landing Gear - Thin metal framing wire added to the legs to simulate brake lines

The only thing that is a little annoying in the photos is the evidence of CA glue behind the cockpit pilots headrest. I put a little too much on, but knowing CA to dry clear, I am sure it will disappear soon (it was only applied about 3 hours prior to the photos being taken).

Comments welcome.

006-5.jpg

007-6.jpg

008-7.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-4.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-1.jpg

014-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

Enjoy!

Kev,

That's a lovely job you've done with the camoflage. I agree with you that the late model 190's look very nice. More of a greyhound as opposed to the Anton's bulldog.

Makes me want to get out my nearly completed 152H I've done using the Trumpeter 1/24 Dora. It's been painted, but I was not happy with the mottle and it's been sitting there ever since.

Here are a couple of pics to show you what I mean.

DSCF0288.jpg

DSCF0289.jpg

Hopefully your build will give me the motivation I needed.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,

My method of getting mottling to work is as follows:

1. Mask the line off with Blu-tac and spray with standard paint consistency

2. Remove the Blu-tac, and then with a very well thinned paint spray with a low pressure along the previously masked line to make it slightly less sharp

3. Continue with the remainder of the fuse, mottling as you go with the thin paint and low pressure

It looks to me like you used the same paint consistency and didn't spray with a low pressure. I can highly recommend this option as it makes the world of difference.

Thanks for the positive comments though. They certainly are impressive looking a/c

Steve,

My method of getting mottling to work is as follows:

1. Mask the line off with Blu-tac and spray with standard paint consistency

2. Remove the Blu-tac, and then with a very well thinned paint spray with a low pressure along the previously masked line to make it slightly less sharp

3. Continue with the remainder of the fuse, mottling as you go with the thin paint and low pressure

It looks to me like you used the same paint consistency and didn't spray with a low pressure. I can highly recommend this option as it makes the world of difference.

Thanks for the positive comments though. They certainly are impressive looking a/c

Thanks for the advice. It was done very early in my journey with an airbrush. once I get the decks clear I may get it going again.

Steve

Great build. I never tire of seeing 190's. Even if it is the weird long one! Love it.