1/35 Tamiya

The "Officer" appears to be wearing 37 pattern webbing, innapropriate for the vehicle/period. Should be 58, or at least 44 pattern.

Depends, it might have been his for a while and he does not want to change it. Basically those guys could and still do to a great extent pick there own kit.

When my Dad joined the Army in the 60's he was first issued WWII webbing!

That is a great looking diorama

Julien

Depends, it might have been his for a while and he does not want to change it. Basically those guys could and still do to a great extent pick there own kit.

When my Dad joined the Army in the 60's he was first issued WWII webbing!

That is a great looking diorama

Julien

The "Pink Panther" Landrover was commissioned in 1968 for the use of the SAS. "Them" have always recieved first dibs on the best kit so would have had 58 patern... The crewmen should be wearing Regiment berets which are sand coloured, or even shemags. Also they are wearing 37 pattern holsters, designed for the Webley revolver and later used for the Enfield. In 1968, Browning GP35s would have been standard. Not sure Special Forces would have worn putees either. Wing mirrors would probably have been removed or covered to prevent glint.

The "Pink Panther" Landrover was commissioned in 1968 for the use of the SAS. "Them" have always recieved first dibs on the best kit so would have had 58 patern... The crewmen should be wearing Regiment berets which are sand coloured, or even shemags. Also they are wearing 37 pattern holsters, designed for the Webley revolver and later used for the Enfield. In 1968, Browning GP35s would have been standard. Not sure Special Forces would have worn putees either. Wing mirrors would probably have been removed or covered to prevent glint.

great thanks for the info, i just added the mini art figures as i thought they looked good, but they are suposed to be ww2, i knew the landy was later but what the heck

can we just call it artistic license

dstone48,

.... WOW !!! Looking at this Diorama , I think it is EXQUISITE and so BEAUTIFUL.. :wub:

..Love the detailing on the Vehicle, and each little thing I see just makes ME smile as it looks FANTASTIC..

..Your artistic skill and talent is AWESOME and you have built one HELLUVA BEAUTY... :yahoo:

Hope your Club enjoyed looking at it and did you get placed..I hope you did as it is A STUNNING, SUPERB Diorama.

KUDOS...... :mike:

HOUSTON....

p.s HELLO AND WELCOME to BM ...

Edited by HOUSTON