Sea Hawk FGA.6

Here she is! One of the kit releases of the year in my opinion, this is almost certainly now the best Sea Hawk in this scale. I've not built the MPM/Special Hobby version, but I bet that kit is far harder to put together, more expensive, and (apart from the SH releases' resin bits) not much more detailed. At any rate, the neolithic-vintage Airfix kit can be left to the collectors now!

The only major flaws are 1.) the tricky forward/rear fuselage joint, which is a poor fit and which runs right across the exhaust shield (tricky to clean up) 2.)the Rocket Projectiles, which are moulded in badly mismatched halves. 3.) Suez stripe decals: the fuselage ones at least are a waste of time as they don't line up.

Apart from these (all fixable with a modicum of skill), it goes together well, is beautifully detailed and looks pretty accurate to a layman like me.

I've thorougly enjoyed myself, and it seemed like a positive breeze after the Xtrakit Scimitar. Buy one and build it!

IMG_6629.jpg

IMG_6631.jpg

IMG_6632.jpg

IMG_6633.jpg

IMG_6634.jpg

IMG_6636.jpg

IMG_6638.jpg

Nice job ! Looks excellent

Funny how the bottoms of the wheels are scraped bare :P almost as if you've been playing around on the desk with your new plane :wicked:

Thanks everyone!

It's amazing how many missed spots in the paintwork you only notice AFTER you've posted in RFI! The marks under the tyres are entirely unintentional...

Very nice, a lovely model well finished and well weathered. :)

The kit looks like it captures the clean, elegant lines of the Seahawk very well. How much of that detailing in the gear bays and ejection seat comes with the kit, and how much was you?

Cheers :)

The basic structure of the wheel bay, plus some rather faint and sparse moulded-in wiring, is supplied by Hobby Boss: basically all I did was "skin" some fine electrical cable, leaving bunches of very thin metal wires. Using CA glue and various implements, I just fed them around the bay and out the other side a few times to caputure the chaotic look of the original.