My F-14 plan

DaveJL

Two more F-14's have arrived!

IMG_0683-1.jpg

And i finally got my mits on these decals (after about 2 years of looking!) from a couple of helpful chaps over on ARC. Got them for pennies :D

IMG_0684-1.jpg

Need to stop buying these things! :whistle:

Dave

Edited by DaveJL

• 1 month later...

hi,

just dropping my opinion:

that Jolly Rogers D Cat is probably the most famous D scheme out there - with every right! It's absolutely beautiful!

Personally I favor the high and low viz bounty hunters schemes!

Btw do you fancy sharkmouths? There is a D model low viz scheme - I just can't recall the squadron.

There are high & low viz 'sundowners' schemes with sharkmouth, too.

Fightertown decals are my favorite decal maker! Can't go wrong with those!

I am personally sceptical about TwoBobs - colours are quite off and the quality isn't top notch with 2 sets I have - again, my mustard as we say in germany ^_^

here's a nice weathering walkaround: http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/f14weatheringdp_1.htm

I've seen some terrific builds at arcforums, so If you need some inspiration it's worth a gaze.

If I have a new compressor I'd love to join the Cat GB! But that might take some time :(

At least I replaced my awful revell vario with a decent Iwata last week!

Looking forward to seeing your build(s)!

regards

Mart

hi,

just dropping my opinion:

that Jolly Rogers D Cat is probably the most famous D scheme out there - with every right! It's absolutely beautiful!

Personally I favor the high and low viz bounty hunters schemes!

Btw do you fancy sharkmouths? There is a D model low viz scheme - I just can't recall the squadron.

There are high & low viz 'sundowners' schemes with sharkmouth, too.

Fightertown decals are my favorite decal maker! Can't go wrong with those!

I am personally sceptical about TwoBobs - colours are quite off and the quality isn't top notch with 2 sets I have - again, my mustard as we say in germany ^_^

here's a nice weathering walkaround: http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/f14weatheringdp_1.htm

I've seen some terrific builds at arcforums, so If you need some inspiration it's worth a gaze.

If I have a new compressor I'd love to join the Cat GB! But that might take some time :(

At least I replaced my awful revell vario with a decent Iwata last week!

Looking forward to seeing your build(s)!

regards

Mart

Thanks for the comments Mart. VF-84 'Jolly Rogers' only flew the 'A' model but when the Jolly Rogers name was switched to VF-103, the squadron transitioned to the 'B' model, not the D.

The D model with the sharkmouth you refer to was from VF-101 'Grim Reapers' and as you say made by Fightertown, which i agree are excellent decals. However, i must disagree with you on the Twobobs, i think they are excellent!

Also, thanks for posting the walk around, very useful.

Hope you can join in on the Group Build.

Cheers

Dave

• 1 month later...

Just thought i'd update this thread seeing as the F-14 group build is now in full swing. VF-84 is first up the, well, i'm not too sure....

Think i'll do an A, B and D (time permitting!)

If you haven't looked at the GB thread, i'd recommend having a look, some great builds going on!

Dave

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...