o.k Its official I'm smitten

the South African

O.k so Ive been following the forum really VERY closely for the last couple of days and I am now very sure that I have fallen in love with WWI subjects.This being said there is very few places where tese kits can be obtained in Good old South Africa (when I see one I snatch it up) so I would like to know the following:

Is there a online shop that accept moneygram(I live in the stone age and have no credit card,guess that is part of the reason I like the old stuff)

Besides for WNW and Roden is there a company that manufacture nice kits of the kites(WNW is a bit rich for me I do however like the roden 48's)

How does the the Revell kits stack up to the rest.

Thanks for looking and will post more silly questions as they pop up.

Regards:

Shaun

Eduard do a lot of nice 1/48 ww1 stuff. Revell have repopped their Alb DV which I've just snaffled. Maybe others, I don't know.

Their early efforts can be a bit hit and miss, their newer ones v nice. However, I've never seen them in SA (I'm in Cape Town).

Not sure about the moneygram thing, but have you tried SBX Models (they have a link in the vendors section)- their shipping is v reasonable and their packages survive the SA postal system

Pete

Edited for shocking grammar

Edited by Potato Pete

Thanks Pete!maybe give them a shot then.In 48th will tripwire flare be the right size for rigging its about the same diameter as 10Kg fishing line?

Their current Sopwith Camel and very old kits excepted, Eduard do very nice kits - I buy most of my kits off Ebay or Hannants. The best stuff I've found for rigging is 'invisible mending thread' from any old sewing shop. Its cheap and looks right in 48th to my eye.

CII001.jpg

Edited by 487 Squadron

Hi Shaun,

Bloem, don't know of any there.

There are several outlets that hold WW1 kits and a few that will get for you. PM me and I will try to give you a listing.

Eric

Edited by kickstart

try eduard,special hobby,karaya,mirage,blue max,for 1/48 even the 1/32 hobbycraft spad XIII is decent and avis makes a decent fokker EV besides roden and wnw.special hobby only makes 3 1/32 WWI subjects a nice morane saulnier type n and nieuport 11 and 16. there are others if you like resin kits karaya,spin,omega,copper state,alliance and planet models.enjoy.

I would recommend the Academy/ Hobbycraft 1/32 scale Nieuport17 and Sopwith Camel as a good beginner builds. They are both very simple kits, quite accurate and simple to rig. Both are also about 1/3 the cost of almost all other WWI aircraft in this scale, and relativey widely available.

regards,

Will

A braai?

Castle lager on the way?

My preference go to eduard, as you get everything in the box: PE, masks, sometime resin, and usually a big decal sheet with colorful options.

You talk about revell. Some of their lattest 1/48 WW1 kit are eduard reboxing (Fokker D.V, and DR.I at least)... but without the goodies.

Still, they're interesting, because they stay cheap.

No Castle A I'm a guiness man had a four pack of those then moved on to the woodmatured brandy lol.MMMM I see that the eduard stuff is cheaper than any of the kits around here and guess what it is cheaper to buy in the uk and have it mailed to here than to buy it from the loca shops go figure.I would love to do a wnw offeering but they are way to rich for me.(Wonder why they dont do 48th and 72nd certainly is enough space in the market for some more.