Hasas 1/32 Nakajima Ki 84 Hayate Fighter

Another Ki-84....!! This is getting interesting...

Cheers,

ggc

Hi guys

Started the build up of my Ki 84 today, with a try run, the overall fitting is very good and the conception of the build is excellent.

I think i will have a lot of Fun with this Kit !!!

Tomorrow i go on with the Cockpit !!

Cheers Peter

Ki84FirstStep001.jpg

Ki84FirstStep005.jpg

Some update pics ! just finished the Cockpit !

Searching for some Japanese Aircraft Color References on the Net, i found a lot of confusion !!!

from grey-green,light grey green, lime green, Aotake Blue etc. etc......there is a big Choice !!

I decided to make my own special color with 4 Drops grey green, 4 Drops Interior green, 2 Drops Lime green and 2 Drops of Golden Yellow,

and the result was the Imperial Japanese Oldhouse Interior Green !!

Ki84Step202.jpg

Ki84Step201.jpg

Ki84Step303.jpg

Ki84Step205.jpg

Ki84Step2023.jpg

Ki84Step206.jpg

Cheers Peter

Hello guys just a stupid off topic question here:I saw a documentary on the imperial Japanese navy some time ago and the comentator mentioned that the Japanese Navy was trained by the Brits pre war the training apparently went to such an extent that at the begining of the war English was used to give commands on the boats.now if this was the case in the Navy would it also be true for the airforce?If so would it thennot make sense that the Japanese would have copied the painting styles employed by the RAF pre war and used them on their own AC interiors.

I really love the custom colour mix done here but was wondering none the less and since I know absolutely squad about Japanese planes any passed on knowledge would be greatly apreciated.

Ok !! i am back on the Track !! Had a very painful experience last Thursday. As i stand up in the morning a violent

pain hits my back like a lighning Flash, could nearly walk no more. So i caled up my doc and he supposed that it could be a slipped disc and transfered me for more researches to a Hospital in Berne. After testing my Reflexes they

decided to make a RMI research. They put me in this narrow tube, i felt me like a Torpedo, but they found the

reason of the problem, it was a repressed Lember vertebra and a Chiropractor could solve the problem !!

Today only when i am sitting it hurts a little but its few more better now !!

Will continue my build on the Ki 84 today and thank you all for your kind comments !!!

Peter

Hello guys just a stupid off topic question here:I saw a documentary on the imperial Japanese navy some time ago and the comentator mentioned that the Japanese Navy was trained by the Brits pre war the training apparently went to such an extent that at the begining of the war English was used to give commands on the boats.now if this was the case in the Navy would it also be true for the airforce?If so would it thennot make sense that the Japanese would have copied the painting styles employed by the RAF pre war and used them on their own AC interiors.

I really love the custom colour mix done here but was wondering none the less and since I know absolutely squad about Japanese planes any passed on knowledge would be greatly apreciated.

Never heard about the training of Japanese Pilots by British Instructors !! Concerning the Japanese Colors there is really a great confusion, but it is known that

the used colors was of very poor quality !! Concerning the British Pre War painting i guess that no Brit Aircraft was painted with Aotake Blue for the

Interior, and this was a very common color used by the Japanese Air Force !!

So long Peter

Edited by Jazzy Jase

As I understand it the pilot training employed by the Japanese Army and Navy (there was no Air Force until after the Second World War) was far superior to the allies pre-war. It took something like five years for a pilot to become qualified for instance, so I don't think there was the same level of influence that the RN had on the IJN in the field of aviation.

Obviously once WW2 kicked off and there was a desperate need for new pilots the training program became somewhat curtailed.

Thanks guys As I said I am no Japanese buff was just wondering if the Pilots would have perhaps had the same Influence as the navy had.Once again I am very much looking forward to the end result of this build!

Edited by Mish
Corrected shortened for of Japanese

Hello Guys.I am here this time around to apologise for the potentially offensive use of the abreviation for Japanese.So here goes sorry if I offended someone guys.I would also like to thank Mish for editing it and taking the time out toinform me about it.

I do still think that the build is smashing!

Regards:

Shaun

Hi all, some update pics of my recent build. More and more my Hayate (Stormwind) Fighter shows his face.

After closing the fuselage halves and adding the wings i had some minor work with filling, sanding and priming the upper surfaces.

Now i work on the engine of the beast !!

I reeally enjoy this build !!

Cheers Peter

Ki84Step3011.jpg

Ki84Step3021.jpg

Ki84Step3019.jpg

Ki84Step3016.jpg

Nice engine are you going to wire it up?

Hi Mish, some shame on me, never before i wired an engine !! but as i saw yours and Mikes engine i thougt for me that i must get the know how to do it.

For my current build of the Ki 84 i will not wire up the engine but i would propose you a deal : you give me some lessons how to wire up an engine

and i will give you some free lessons of skiing in switzerland or show you the matterhorn in Zermatt .. its your choice !!

You agree ?????? Peter

Bild30.jpg

Hi Mish, some shame on me, never before i wired an engine !! but as i saw yours and Mikes engine i thougt for me that i must get the know how to do it.

For my current build of the Ki 84 i will not wire up the engine but i would propose you a deal : you give me some lessons how to wire up an engine

and i will give you some free lessons of skiing in switzerland or show you the matterhorn in Zermatt .. its your choice !!

You agree ?????? Peter

Bild30.jpg

Is there anything I could teach you Pierre?

Nice engine. I especially like the crankcase painting. Dirt, grease and scratches - perfect. I've been forgetting that brown grease personally, and it does make a difference.