Revell 1/72 SU-24 Fencer

Hello all,

Here is my Revell 1/72 SU-24 Fencer, brush painted with Revell AquaColour Acrylics. Has 2 metal ejector seats (cannot remember make sorry) and a cut up to fit etch from a 1/48 MiG-29 (I took the dash and console pieces etc and adapted them). Was a first for me, I masked off the camoflage and canopy using Revell Maskol, never used this stuff before but was quite pleased for my first go. Next time will mix it with some paint (Orange or Purple) so that it stands out... was peeling leftover bits off days afterwards.

Anyway, here she is, I hope you like:

DSC00085-1.jpg

DSC00086-1.jpg

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

DSC00089.jpg

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

Thanks for looking, any and all comments welcome.

Dan.

Russia's F-111. Great camo scheme. Are you sure you've got all the maskol off? :innocent:

Nice one.

Rob

Rob,

You know, I am still not sure. I have learnt that if I add a nice bright colour to it, you cant miss it. But, leaving it drying clear... Is a big mistake especially as once painted over, you cant tell. I had a rough panel line I was following so was easy enough to take off from there but small splashes elsewhere meant I actually will never know.

Thanks for the comment and all the best,

Dan.

Nice job.

I'd like to warn you about Maskol and your idea of adding paint to it. This can leave horrible patchy staining all over your undercoat. In fact even the included purple dye in Maskol can do this if you leave it on too long on a pale surface. Ask me how I know this! I now use 'latex liquid rubber - air drying rubber for mould making (Made by Trylon)' which is just £12 for a LITRE. At this price you can splash it all over, without a care. It does dry clear though so you still have your "Did I get it all off?" issue.

Nice job.

I'd like to warn you about Maskol and your idea of adding paint to it. This can leave horrible patchy staining all over your undercoat. In fact even the included purple dye in Maskol can do this if you leave it on too long on a pale surface. Ask me how I know this! I now use 'latex liquid rubber - air drying rubber for mould making (Made by Trylon)' which is just £12 for a LITRE. At this price you can splash it all over, without a care. It does dry clear though so you still have your "Did I get it all off?" issue.

Thanks for the heads up, will give that a miss then. May just have to find a new method or take a lot more time and care over my masking.

Thanks,

Dan.