firstly its big and secondly the detail is amazing for £30

P4300009.JPG

as its cheap im using the paint and weather as you go method

going about this back to front,and starting with the wings due to its size

P4300004.JPG

how big??

P4300010.JPG

thats a su 29 1/72 to the left

Take care with the top fuselage insert. Mine wasn't a great fit. Also when painting have a mask (I don't use them) otherwise if you use enamels you'll be floating for week with all the paint involved. I can still levitate at will and I did mine three years ago!

thanks darby for the heads up regarding the fuselage and not used enamels for over 20 years

steve if i have any build tips then i will share but so far its going nicely

anyway, spent a few hours this evening painting the engine cowling and adding the rear aileron's.

paints (i only use acrylics) so far are Revell dark green and nato olive for the upper wing camo(i did buy the RLM equivalents by tamyia but i couldnt get on with them) and left to dry for 12 hours, the underwing is being painted with Vallejo pale grey/blue 70907 which goes darker slightly when humbrol matt cote is applied then darker still with flory models dark dirt wash.

the splinter camo is being masked with electrical tape,which has a low tack

underwing drying note the bottom of a can of caffreys irish beer being used as a palette! the fixed widget makes a sturdy base

P5010017.JPG

P5010014.JPG

P5010012.JPG

thanks for looking

Edited by dj prest

Hi DJ,

I have seen this build now for the first time and it's looking good so far. I have seen that you have painted the wings already. Now I have a little suggestion about those. The paintline on the engines were a bit lower. The line was under the exhausts (see link for this) and stopped where the engine pot met the wing (breakline in the kit).

In the paint drawings from the kit was the upper colours even putted further back, but this is wrong and was only used on later models. To confuse things further, on some pictures it looks like it is painted further, but that's sut from the exhausts.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53831

I hope this will help a little bit.

Cheers Arnold :cheers:

Edited by Arniec

Hi DJ,

I have seen this build now for the first time and it's looking good so far. I have seen that you have painted the wings already. Now I have a little suggestion about those. The paintline on the engines were a bit lower. The line was under the exhausts (see link for this) and stopped where the engine pot met the wing (breakline in the kit).

In the paint drawings from the kit was the upper colours even putted further back, but this is wrong and was only used on later models. To confuse things further, on some pictures it looks like it is painted further, but that's sut from the exhausts.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53831

I hope this will help a little bit.

Cheers Arnold :cheers:

thanks arnold will adjust the painting, i was going to take it further back, thanks for the comment

d

well the cockpit is done apart from a few touch-ups

18711+%283%29.JPG

18711+%282%29.JPG

18711+%281%29.JPG

wings dry-fitted

18711+%284%29.JPG

the hardest part is adding the top center fuselage part and the one underneath,apart from that very nice kit to build so far

thanks for looking

I think your Junkers is coming along nicely.........[will be a big sucker when done]... :analintruder:

Cheers,

ggc