Royal Navy TBF.1 ended

And the first time I enter my model on this forum that I always follow with great interest. The model and accurate 1 / 48 scale, with the inclusion of an old set of KMC for the first versions of TBF, qualvhe part of the set of Verlinden and Eduard photoetched. The engine of the Italian Classic resin, while other details are self-built. For the coloring of a plane that mimics the Extracolor 711Sq I used to camouflage the Gunze gloss acrylic for the white and the black Humbrol satin. A wash with oil paints and a clear satin painted Humbrol have completed everything. I hope I never have you bored with too many pictures.

IMG_1256.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_0016.jpgIMG_0020.jpgIMG_0598.jpgIMG_0596.jpgIMG_0033.jpgIMG_0009.jpgIMG_0542.jpgIMG_0748.jpgIMG_0697.jpgIMG_0695.jpgIMG_0611.jpgIMG_0572.jpgIMG_1225.jpgIMG_1254.jpgIMG_1212.jpgIMG_1237.jpgIMG_1227.jpgIMG_1214.jpg Greetings to all. Fulvio

Hello Fulvio,

British TBF..........that will be an Avenger then, or Tarpon if you make a pre 1944 aircraft!! You`ve done a lovely job modelling wise but the British Avengers had a seat in the second cockpit behind the pilot, which was for the Observer. Early US TBF-1 Avengers also had this seat but from the TBF-1C onwards the US Navy Avengers just had the radios and batteries positioned here, as in your model. Sorry to have to break this to you but considering the amount of effort that you have put into this superb model I`m sure that you`d rather know this!! I cannot remember whether this aircraft was an Avenger Mk.I or a Mk.II but in a general rule of thumb......Mk.I`s had a single gun mounted in front of the windscreen and the Mk.II had 2 x wing guns, but without seeing a photo of the actual aircraft it is hard to tell.

You`ve made a really striking model though mate and the paintwork is immaculate, love the anti glare exhausts too which is a nice touch,

All the best

Tony O

Edited by tonyot

Hello Fulvio,

British TBF..........that will be an Avenger then, or Tarpon if you make a pre 1944 aircraft!! You`ve done a lovely job modelling wise but the British Avengers had a seat in the second cockpit behind the pilot, which was for the Observer. Early US TBF-1 Avengers also had this seat but from the TBF-1C onwards the US Navy Avengers just had the radios and batteries positioned here, as in your model. Sorry to have to break this to you but considering the amount of effort that you have put into this superb model I`m sure that you`d rather know this!! I cannot remember whether this aircraft was an Avenger Mk.I or a Mk.II but in a general rule of thumb......Mk.I`s had a single gun mounted in front of the windscreen and the Mk.II had 2 x wing guns, but without seeing a photo of the actual aircraft it is hard to tell.

You`ve made a really striking model though mate and the paintwork is immaculate, love the anti glare exhausts too which is a nice touch,

All the best

Tony O

Thanks for the clarification and I agree with your note. Unfortunately you can not tell from the photos the second seat behind the driver with the introduction of radio used by the Royal Navy instead of the original engine instrumentation used by the U.S. Navy. For the version I checked the references data from the RN and the serial number matches the first versions of TBF with the only weapon front, which after several passages to different departments had arrived at the 711Sq. if I am late in 1944 in Scotland. We refer to the link with their confirmations. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Avenger_711_Squadron_RN_in_flight.jpg ) I hope I have clarified your doubts and I thank you for the courtesy with which he made ​​to your specification. In the model you never stop learning. Thanks again and see you soon. Fulvio

Thanks for the clarification and I agree with your note. Unfortunately you can not tell from the photos the second seat behind the driver with the introduction of radio used by the Royal Navy instead of the original engine instrumentation used by the U.S. Navy. For the version I checked the references data from the RN and the serial number matches the first versions of TBF with the only weapon front, which after several passages to different departments had arrived at the 711Sq. if I am late in 1944 in Scotland. We refer to the link with their confirmations. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0f/Avenger_711_Squadron_RN_in_flight.jpg ) I hope I have clarified your doubts and I thank you for the courtesy with which he made ​​to your specification. In the model you never stop learning. Thanks again and see you soon. Fulvio

Hello Fulvio,

I`m sorry I did not notice the photo (which was off to one side and therefore off my screen!) where the extra Observers seat is visible in the second cockpit, I was going by the construction views! Seeing as it is an Avenger Mk.I, have you also fitted the gun trough in the nose for the single forward firing machine gun as it is hard to tell on the black surface?

Like I said, it is a wonderful model and you should be very proud and thank you for providing those internet references which I shall have a look at,

All the best wishes

Tony O

Hello Fulvio,

I`m sorry I did not notice the photo (which was off to one side and therefore off my screen!) where the extra Observers seat is visible in the second cockpit, I was going by the construction views! Seeing as it is an Avenger Mk.I, have you also fitted the gun trough in the nose for the single forward firing machine gun as it is hard to tell on the black surface?

Like I said, it is a wonderful model and you should be very proud and thank you for providing those internet references which I shall have a look at,

All the best wishes

Tony O

There are no problems, constructive criticism are always welcome. I labored hard on this model and when I had finished working on the data I had (Aeromaster decal sheet for the coloring) I found the picture I sent. In two days I have corrected all the colors of the frames and glass tower, nightclubs and discharges, where could the boundary lines between the black and white camouflage. I also added the weapon front, even if you do not notice the black. Since I have not put in maintenance of the weapon. I hope we can exchange other information in the future and as soon as I can also send photos of my old Swordfish in 48 of the MDC. Greetings Fulvio