News flash: New tool 1/48 F-5A due this autumn

Phantom726

At a glance, the MLG looks a little on the fictional side, but the rest of the model looks really nice. I'll be getting a few of these if the price is right, I've always had a thing for F-5s. I can feel a Skoshi Tiger one coming on...

Rather fictional I´d say. On the F-5 series the MLG struts are mounted inboard while the wheels are outboard. Not the other way around as shown on the TAN kit! :undecided: . Just wondering how much effort they put into research!! :elephant:

Rather fictional I´d say. On the F-5 series the MLG struts are mounted inboard while the wheels are outboard. Not the other way around as shown on the TAN kit! :undecided: . Just wondering how much effort they put into research!! :elephant:

Give them a break, first kit, just cad drawings.

if you're that bothered give them a shout. [email protected]

Julien

poo-poo happen...

- reversed gear legs;
- lack of arresting hook;
- one of the nose landing gear doors is missing;
- centre line and wing pylons look quite deep;
- main wheels have no brake details;
- undernose antenna, air intakes and exhausts look like blocks of woods.

OK, it's just CAD drawings but...

By the way, I photographed a Turkish Star one (ex-KLu NF-5A K3049) two days ago at the Koksijde Airshow 2011 in Belgium.

turkiskstarebfn20110708.jpg

I'm thinking a Dutch NF-5A.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Give them a break, first kit, just cad drawings.

if you're that bothered give them a shout. [email protected]

Julien

And give the fact they can be just turned around easily. I was going to kit bash one decent F-5E and on Testor F-5A to get one decent "A" model. l want to do the Philippine air force place for the wife. If a decent model and the price is right l may not bother.

Julien,

I didn't mean to bash the kit. I was just wondering how such an obvious error slipped past the designer's attention unnoticed. At first glance things (other than the MLG) look pretty good and I certainly plan to get a kit or three for the stash. I'm thinking Norwegian tiger c/s here..... :-)

Bjarne

The decal sheet is in the gallery section on their site. Looks like two Turkish markings (square national insignia and later roundels with two serials), one Norwegian and one Phil. Air Force. Plenty of scope for other boxings (Skoshi, Iran, Spain etc.).

If the grey pics are a resin test shot maybe the guy who built it put the landing gear on wrong? Does look very basic though, should be some replacement gears from the after market guys.

If the pics on the notice page are anything to go by the F-35 is the next kit or maybe an F-5E which they've mislabled as an F-5A, maybe their research is a bit off!

I love the F-5 in all it's versions so I'll probably get a few (depending on price!) as the airframe looks pretty good.

Paul Harrison

They did say over on ARC that some of the CAD has been changed to protect their copyright etc.

Julien

I read that too but it doesn't make any sence to me.

Why would they use the time and energy to alter the drawings? They state "industrial espionage" as the reason but anyone can get good reference photos of the F-5A and the CAD-images posted are close to useless for anyone trying to copy them in 3D.

That said, I shall be looking forward to the release of this one and I really hope TAN Model nails it. But only time will tell I guess.

Bjarne

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Tanmodel didn't give up!
Sources: http://inscale.org/pub/index.php?topic=2568.0 & http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...topic=234919041

Tanmodel homepage: http://www.tanmodel.com/

F-5A Family 13 in 1
RF5-A%20-%2014%20%5BOrijinal%20Cozunurlu

Tanmodel announced that very soon they are going to release their first kit, but with some modification from their first announcement. According to information I have managed to get in personal contact, there will be all 13 known different versions of F-5A - in a single box. CAD design is additionally refined and finalized.

Kit will consist of 151 parts including the clear ones.

Large choice of weapons will be included with the kit: Sidewinder Missiles, BLU-27 Napalm Bombs, MK-117 Bombs, MK-82 Bombs and 3 Drop Tanks.

Decision to include all F-5A version in a single box, is the main reason for delay in releasing F-5A kit on market!

The following versions will be included:

1- F-5A Main model | Turkey ( Decal )

2- F-5A (G) | Norway ( Parts and decal )

3- RF-5A | Turkey ( Parts and decal )

4- RF-5A (G) | Norway ( Parts and decal )

5- CF-5A | Canada ( Parts and decal )

6- CF-5A R | Canada ( Parts and decal )

7- NF-5A | Netherland ( Parts and decal )

8- F-5A © Skoshi Tiger | USA ( Parts and decal )

9- SF-5A | Spain ( Decal )

10- SF-5A R | Spain ( Decal )

11- VF-5A | Venezuela ( Decal )

12- VF-5A R | Venezuela ( Decal )

13- F-5A 2000 | Turkey, Improved/Modernized F-5A ( Parts and decal )

( bonus decals for Iranian Air Force )

V.P.

Edited by Homebee