OK so say I wanted a 1/48 Gannet????......

AnonymousER99

Hi Mike

Classic Airframes or Dynavector for AS.1 or COD variants, maybe Classic Airframes? for AEW.3 later next year?

Jon

Mike, wait for the AEW3 and I'll get you as many photos as you want of this lovely Lady (Oh some git stripped the cockpit & Nav Stations)

yn82iq.jpg

Bex

Mockradamus predicts there will be an all-new 1/48 Gannet kit next year.

Did Mockradamus forsee this while looking into a 48th scale counter rotating prop by any chance?

Matt

Hello my name is Matt and I am a rumormonger...oops thats rumourmonger over on this board

I'm sure Trumpy have already announced their Gannet in 1:48... somewhere. Are they gunning for CA d'ya think, or is it some kind of pact? CA gives them the kit they've been wanting for years, takes their money, then Trumpy come along & give them a decent one, taking more of their money.... Conspiracy theory! :hmmm:

I just wish someone would produce an AEW3, dont care what scale, even 1/24 please pretty please with a FAA Ugly Duckling on top :pray:

Bex

Mike, the offer still stands BTW

I think I will wait on the AEW3 and take Bex up on her offer :)

Thanks a million Bex!!

Mike

Hi Mike are you sure your not part British Great choice in aircraft there it was ugly as sin but very very effective both varients i definateley have to meet you and hope your lovely wife

I've had the Dynavector kit up in the loft for years and although it's a lovely kit, I keep ignoring it in the hope that Trumpeter or Revell come-up with something better. Hope CA do a decent job with the AEW3 as I'm a big fan of the later Gannet. Hope the restoration project at North Weald finally results in a flying example one day - been a long time since I've seen (and heard!) a Gannet buzzing by!

I think I will wait on the AEW3 and take Bex up on her offer :)

Thanks a million Bex!!

Mike

No problem Mike anytime, besides, ive now got a good excuse to have lots of Gannet photos lol, so let me know when youre ready for them.

Bex

It'll be interesting to see if we do get a new mainstream 48th Gannet next year, to se eif they do a wingfold option. That AEW variant with wings folded sure would be fugly.

Matt

Isnt that what makes it so cool though??

I love that damn airplane. It grows on you like a fungus!!

Isnt that what makes it so cool though??

I love that damn airplane. It grows on you like a fungus!!

Oh yes they certainly do. Only thing stopping me from choosing ours was, 1. it was so flippin high I couldnt let punters in, 2. its a right mess inside 3. I like Canberras just that little bit more :analintruder:

So heres another Gannet piccy for you all, from Yeovilton (anyone guess I like AEW3's??)

Bex

yp838m.jpg

P.S: Just to keep that ruddy great lump of Yellow Feathery Thing off me back, this pic is hers but on MY fotopic site tee hee

Edited by bexwh773