1:32 Trumpeter Dauntless SBD-3

Thanks guys

So today's progress:

Started off fixing a couple of bits inside the cockpit and then put the two halves of the fuselage together.

DSCF3899.jpg

While the glue was setting I started on the wings

DSCF3900.jpg

Once everything was dry I test fitted the wings to the fuselage, as you can see there is a little gap.

DSCF3901.jpg

DSCF3902.jpg

With a little bit of fitting, stitch glued and then filled and sanding.

DSCF3903.jpg

DSCF3904.jpg

and this is where I left it off for the day

DSCF3905.jpg

More soon...

Tha t is very neat work there Mish wish I coudlve done that too (I'm a bit sloppy see).And the photo's is also very well taken I should really get some nice pics done.

Well it doesn't seem like I've made much progress today. I've been test fitting the dive brakes. Trumpeter only allows you to build the kit with the dive brakes deployed, but as you hardly ever see these plane on the ground with them deployed I've opted to build them in the shut position. thus a bit of building and test fitting.

First I made up and placed the ailerons

DSCF3906.jpg

Dive brake 'tacked' together

DSCF3907.jpg

And all the internal faces sprayed up red.

DSCF3908.jpg

More tomorrow....

Again slow but steady progress on the old lady. Today was mostly around getting the engine assembly in place:

DSCF3909.jpg

DSCF3910.jpg

At this point I realised I had forgot to fill in the engine cooling slits as I'm using a SBD-2 kit and the plane I'm building is an early SBD-3, the SBD-3 didn't have any slits. So out with the filler.

DSCF3911.jpg

Engine cowl dry fitted

DSCF3912.jpg

and whilst the filler was drying I made a bomb! (sorry GCHQ and NSA, not a real one)

DSCF3913.jpg

More soon...