EE Lightning natural metal aerosol

At Sea

Hi,

Have to strip my Trumpeter 1/72 lightning and start again, using Modelstrip and not having an air brush wondered what you guys would use as an off the shelf aerosol to paint a natural metal lightning. I have some Volvo Spark-Silver but the metallic flakes are very coarse, anyone got any good suggestions?

Cheers.

I believe that alclad are working on some aerosol based versions of their excellent airbrush paints, so you could always hang fire. :shrug: Having seen most painted and even foiled NMFs, I still think that Alclad is the best :)

I believe that alclad are working on some aerosol based versions of their excellent airbrush paints, so you could always hang fire. :shrug: Having seen most painted and even foiled NMFs, I still think that Alclad is the best :)

If they are, this would really be great news !!!

If they are, this would really be great news !!!

That was straight from them, although it may yet come to nought if they can't get the quality up to their usual standard. Cross your fingers but don't hold your breath ;)

the problem with NMF finishes is there not one monotone of paint colour, ie in there there are four different Alclad colours used, all very simular, but they make all the difference to the finish

383701886.jpg

ie no two sheets of metal are ever the same colour, (I know I've handled enough for my life time) even from the same press, so you need to highlight some panels and dull others to get the correct affect.

Dave

]Sorry folks for the incomplete previous post. I had attempted to add some photos of my TU-22 Blinder in non-airbrushed natural metal finish but, I am being SERIOUSLY f***** about by photobucket!! I thnk this bucket is about to be kicked!!! :angrysoapbox.sml: Will try again later.

However, in reply to the original question, I prefer to paint all my models the proper way so, I don't have an airbrush either. The colours used ;

Humbrol 56 Aluminium

Humbrol Chrome Silver 191

Metalcote Polished Aluminium

Edited by Albeback52

I would suggest that any silver spray is likely to be too flakey if you'll excuse the term, for any scale model. I get round this by polishing with SNJ silver polishing powder, which removes the grain. After a coat or two of Klear, polish with Rub'N Buff silver leaf. Add some graphite powder in various amounts for darker shades. It can be polished to an almost mirror finish.

Alternately, finish the frightning in camo. Save a lot of hassle.

C-119-2F.jpg

W