Dubai Combat Air Wing Hawk Mk61

In a fit of "ahh, what the hell.." I thought I'd join the GB with a Hawk from down the road from me..

Dubai bought 8 Mk61's in 1983, and flew them from Minhad Air base. I think they're still flying some of them today.

hawk.jpg

Anyway, I recently bought this.. arx3085.jpg, and have acquired some decals for the UAE markings.. Many thanks to Tiger331.

Will try to crack on with this tomorrow, and it's going to be a pure OOB, AMS free build..

Edited by dylan the rabbit

A bit of progress..

1.jpg

3.jpg

I'll zip the fuselage up tonight, and will insert the seats at a later stage, as I plan to make some belts out of Tamiya tape and give them a bit more paint on the cushions, headpad etc..

2.jpg

And, I think I'm going to drop the flaps too..

Cheers,

Nick

Kudos to Airfix on this it. The fit is really not bad (apart from having to sand down the co-pilots IP to get the coaming on).. The kit didn't need too much sanding, and hardly any filler (apart from around the engines).

The canopy detonator cord is painted (thanks for the sticky Jonathan) and dipped in Future, along with the other clear parts..

6.jpg

And I've started work on the seats.. A little milliput for the cushions (they look better in the flesh), and I'll paint them once dry.. Tamiya tape for the harness, and Robert's your fathers brother.

7.jpg

Right. I've had enough today, have a sore throat and am off for a JD.

Nightie night.

Nick