Eduard 1/48 Mirage IIIC

Hi all

Here are some in progress shots of my Eduard 1/48 Mirage IIIC. This is a non profipack kit but will be getting Profipack decals. I wish I could find some French Mirage IIIC Decals that arent natural metal!! Anyway, the cockpit has base paint on it and the switchology has been picked out. The seat belts are from some Eduard PE set that I can recall where from. I will be doing some more drybrushing and highlighting in the coming days so it doesnt look like a coal pit. Also, the exhaust has been started and paint on the flame holder will soon begin. I have the main exhaust tube assembled and am in the process of rubbing it down to get rid of the seams.

EduardMirage006.jpg

EduardMirage004.jpg

EduardMirage003.jpg

EduardMirage002.jpg

EduardMirage005.jpg

EduardMirage001.jpg

Keep an eye out for more updates.

Mike

Looks great Mike :goodjob:

I wish I could find some French Mirage IIIC Decals that arent natural metal!!
I think there were some (grey/alu-lacquer and desert) included with the Royal Class kit. Maybe someone didn't use theirs?

I sold my RC kit, sorry.

:viking:

Think I am gonna redo the seat, it looks like crap!! :(

Look for more pics soon.

I'd leave it Miker. It looks great. Once it's together and gathering dust on the shelf, only you will be worried over it. Time for another brewski, bud.

He does know what to do with a model! Unbelievable.

Looking good Mike. Let me know if you want those Royal Class French decals. Won't be using mine. Have a set of Isra decals to use instead. You are welcome to them.

Think I am gonna redo the seat, it looks like crap!! :(

Look for more pics soon.

Ok Mike now Im starting to worry about you :yikes: The seat looks bloody amazing and the cockpit, well, if someone dont like it they want shooting :goodjob::worthy:

Bex

Yeah get on it. You need to tone down those brush strokes :analintruder:

Not bad for an ex Eagle Keeper/weeper

Mike V

Mike

Come on now, I told you on the phone last night the pit needed fixing....its being redone at the moment. I am also adding some other fine details to the seat and adding a wash.

Once its all done a flat coat should even out. I didnt catch the terrible dry brush strokes until I got it photographed!! YIKES!!!

He does know what to do with a model! Unbelievable.

Looking good Mike. Let me know if you want those Royal Class French decals. Won't be using mine. Have a set of Isra decals to use instead. You are welcome to them.

Craig

What markings are in the RC boxing?? I want to do either a desert scheme one or the blue grey over silver one. Squadrons not terribly important

BTW, I am in the process of redoing the pit. The pics make it look hideous!! :analintruder:

Royal Class Mirage comes with decals from ALL other Eduard Mirage III boxings.

If you have a look here Royal Class Mirage PDF instructions, then open page 19 (blue-grey over silver), page 20 (desert scheme 1) and page 24 (desert scheme 2) and let me know. Probably pay to save the one you like too then I don't have to mail instructions...

All the other paint schemes are IAF, SAAF or Natural Metal AdLA.

Guest snipersmudge

looking good, i made the mirage IICJ a while back and to be honest you can't see much of the pit once it's installed, a nice kit to build, just some care needed around the intake area

MIRAGE17.jpg

MIRAGE13.jpg

Nice start Mike ..I have the Hobby Boss version of this kit

Which has the Desert type camo and South African markings :analintruder:

South African huh?? Gonna have to dig out my HB kit and look at the decals.

Cheers Sean

Mike

looking good, i made the mirage IICJ a while back and to be honest you can't see much of the pit once it's installed, a nice kit to build, just some care needed around the intake area

That looks great Smudge!! I actually started this one 3-4 years ago after I bought it at the IPMS Phoenix National Convention. I have just redone the pit and will post more pics later.

Cheers

Mike