Naval Chippie

gengriz

Making good progress. Wing to fuselage joint is not good (although I haven't actually fixed it or the canopy yet) and the undercarriage legs are very flimsy (one broke as it came off the sprue)

I am also having some trouble with the main fuselage colour; references and photographs say medium sea grey; my memory definitely says sky gray with a silver/reflective tint (i.e like anodised aluminium).

PC030081.jpg

They are simply coming from the spares box - some of the original kit ones and the rest from various generic modeldecal sheets. A couple of other bits and bobs will be hand written using my india ink pen.

Hmmm, my references said LAG:

chippie15.jpg

Hi Paul,

Very nice - thats what I'm aiming at !

Your LAG looks very similar to Sky Grey, so I guess we are d'accord!

FredT

Making good progress. Wing to fuselage joint is not good (although I haven't actually fixed it or the canopy yet) and the undercarriage legs are very flimsy (one broke as it came off the sprue)

I am also having some trouble with the main fuselage colour; references and photographs say medium sea grey; my memory definitely says sky gray with a silver/reflective tint (i.e like anodised aluminium).

PC030081.jpg

When I saw the post title, "Chippie," well my mind went straight to the gutter. But that is one cute little dinkie you got there.