Swing Wing Group Build

The Monogram F-111 was one of the most disappointing kits issued by the american company in those years: after the beautiful Phantoms, everybody was expecting a brand new Aardvark to the same quality and then when they opened the box they found a rehash of an old Aurora mould. Sometime I think of what a proper monogram F-111 would have been like...

Thanks Giorgio, I wondered why the Monogram 'Vark was so basic, didn't know it was Aurora in origin. I recently got an Academy EF-111A for a tenner from MZ and was thinking of building it as an F-111A using the tail fin from the Monogram kit.

There are a number of interesting group builds planned for this year :)

Michael

Looks like my build is in trouble before I have even started!

The decals I was planning on getting are now OOP and almost impossible to get and as I'm building an F-111F I can't find anyone who makes the correct exhaust nozzles!!

B***er

OzMods do exhausts, but I'm not sure if they're correct for an F-111F. I'm sure there was another company that did exhausts as well but I can't remember who it was.

Looks like my build is in trouble before I have even started!

The decals I was planning on getting are now OOP and almost impossible to get and as I'm building an F-111F I can't find anyone who makes the correct exhaust nozzles!!

B***er

The OzMod exhausts are wrong for the F sadly. Paragon did a set for the F but they are also incorrect and impossible to find. I have heard that a company called G-Factor models will be bringing some out in the future but I have no idea when!

Cheers

Surprise surprise! Going by the way you build models you can add a third on top of those 2.

;)

Sean

Haha not so sure on that, have quite a lot piling up plus a lot of training in the next few months, but i aim to please :lol:

Dave

I'm definitely in on this - I've got my 1/32nd Tamiya F-14A ready to go, and if time allows I may well have a go at the new Hobbyboss 1/72nd F-14D.

Not long to go - can't wait :thumbsup:

Tom

I'm definitely in on this - I've got my 1/32nd Tamiya F-14A ready to go, and if time allows I may well have a go at the new Hobbyboss 1/72nd F-14D.

Not long to go - can't wait :thumbsup:

Tom

Having built the Revell version of that for the Big Scale last year, that F-14 will be a monster - still tiny next to the B-29 though, I suppose!

Sorry guys but I'm going to bail on this one. I've only just got in on time for the M/C GB, so I need a break to get back to my Wessex build thread, the guys over there are gagging for more info.

I couldn't find the Tomcat I fancied building, it must have gone AWOL from the stash, pity it was going to be a little dio on the cat!

Next time.

Colin

Here here, was surprised to see this one not locked yet and a thread in Current Group Builds so we can see what people have grouped together for their builds.

Though I need to finish my Canberra before I can do my Tonka.