Swing Wing Group Build

I'm still in with an Su-17. Looking forward to it!

The only problem is that I don't know what scheme to do it in. Soviet, Polish or German. Or even Libyan.

That's a nice plan and something I've considered myself as I have a mastercraft Su-22M3 with libyan markings and tons of aftermarket parts in the stash.

However I'll do something easier for this and build a kit OOB, a Tomcat or the beautiful RV MiG-23

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, count me in for this one too! This is the excuse I've been waiting for to finally do an F-111B conversion!

Cheers,

Bill

Hi mates!

I've decided to change my other mind, and switch my choice of aircraft to the Grumman XF10F Jaguar. I've just picked up the nice Planet Models resin kit of the Jaguar, and I've just got to give it a go. Here she is:

113890-10684.jpg

The kit doesn't have functioning swing wings, but you do have a choice of forward or swept. I'm leaning towards swept, as I think that will look better when you consider the shape of the horizontal tail. This is lawn dart territory!

Cheers,

Bill

Edit: I just had a look and it seems that Planet Models (CMK) thinks the XF10F-1 had an ACES II ejection seat! LOL

Edited by Navy Bird

<p>ooo likey likey Jaguar!!!

Got.......to........stop.........committing........self........to.......group......builds! :banghead: Maybe next one.......... :winkgrin:

always wanted to build an F111 (wonder why??? :whistle: ).........can I do it in just 20 days....... :frantic:

off shift tomorrow, back to man cave.... :yahoo: and :drink:

im in

Edited by trickyrich

I was only just thinking the same thing yesterday! have two of them, one started and one not.

reckon they (well one not started) would look pretty good in Lo Vis colours, and some extra stores!!!!!! :mg:

Yeah why not, if the wings swing, it's in! Lol

Sweet, I'll join in too... doubt it will be with the Valkyrie as mines about 30% done, might do it as a side project tho. I'll either do an 1/144 Tornado GR1 (Gulf War), an Aggressor F-14 or even an MiG-23... dunno yet. :) I gotta write down all of these group builds I have entered. :/

Wonder if the Tu-144 counts, the front canards "swing" :P

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Edited by Dazzio

• 2 weeks later...

am def in now......have just aquired an Eduard 1/48 Su-22/17M3. :thumbsup:

talk about hard to find, but managed to find a place close to Sydney that has plenty in stock, including Su-17M4.

If anyone's interested here is the web site;

http://www.sandlehobbies.com/

international rates are very resonable as well.

If I may hold up my hand and join this band, me thinks a Tomcat could be on the cards as I've already built an FAA Swing wing Lightning. I have the old Airfix kit in a bag somewhere in the stash.

Colin

I've got 2 Russian swingers in my stash an Su24 and an Su22, put me down for either one of those.

• 2 weeks later...

If I can get the 1:144 GB cleared I've a Tomcat and the Dragon carrier that I'd like to do this year, this GB looks like the ideal opportunity, really want to find a set of the Goffy resin flaps and slats to finish it off though, but they seem rarer than hens teeth.

Can you not get the set straight from UMM?
Out of stock, out of production, they still have the other two sets.

It's a shame one of the current resin manufactures can't find the goffy tools.

Edited by Neal