B-58 Hustler

Absolutely great! Perfect built and great photography.

Question: can you elaborate on your NMF technique? Did you use enamel dry brushing over the Alclad to produce the grainy/streaky effect or is it all airbrushed?

I have a major B-58 project wating in the stash, Fisher intakes, Aires burner/exhausts, Lone Star cockpits...the whole lot and I intend to do some scratch building as well, detailed exhaust with the CORRECT number of petals are the plan. The biggest headaches I anticipate are fitting the nacelles to the wings (but still being able to paint/polish/finish then separately) and the complete re-scribe of the kit.

J

Edited by JeffreyK

Absolutely great! Perfect built and great photography.

Question: can you elaborate on your NMF technique? Did you use enamel dry brushing over the Alclad to produce the grainy/streaky effect or is it all airbrushed?

I have a major B-58 project wating in the stash, Fisher intakes, Aires burner/exhausts, Lone Star cockpits...the whole lot and I intend to do some scratch building as well, detailed exhaust with the CORRECT number of petals are the plan. The biggest headaches I anticipate are fitting the nacelles to the wings (but still being able to paint/polish/finish then separately) and the complete re-scribe of the kit.

J

First I polished with blue metal magic, then primed with tamiya gloss black out of spray can. That part tried my patience. I then polished again with a polishing pad. After that I probably sent around 30 hours painting with the alclad. It was trial and error process to get it where I was happy with the finish. I put the decals on strait to the alclad, no gloss coat. Everything was done via airbrush. As far as the engines go, I painted them first, masked them, then glued them to the wings. definite pain in the a$%! this kit took me a year and half to complete. Of course there were periods of inactiveness. Hope that answers your question.

Best of luck

Rod

Certainly achieved your objective, had to do a double take to see was I looking at reference shots or a model.

Fantastic .

Yes, I too, thought those were photos of the real thing. That model is absolutely stunning.

It's a while since I've said this, but I want to give up modelling now...(again...)

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: