B-58 Hustler

This is my Mongram 1/48 Hustler. This aircraft reresents jet from the 305th BW at Bunker Hill AFB. I used Lone Star intakes and exhaust, Fisher Elevons and Mike Grant decals that went on very nice. I used Alclad II Paints and model master Metalizers.Not an easy kit,the worst part was putting on the tail. My goal was to achieve the look of an aircraft sitting alert, not a polished trophy winner.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image8.jpg

Image7.jpg

Image5.jpg

Image3.jpg

Image4.jpg

15b58.jpg

12b58.jpg

13b58.jpg

11b-58.jpg

Photo were taken with a Fuji camera set to auto.

Thanks for looking

Rod

• Like 3

Oh Crumbs! You have pulled a corker there.

Not only have you re-created some very well known photos but you have made them indistinguishable from the real thing.

Well done sir,an absolute pearler of a job.

11/10.

Shouldn't this be in 'Real Aviation Photography'? :thumbsup: Thats a stunning natural metal finish you've achieved, really top work fella!

Just superb, fantastic. Words fail to describe the incredible job you've done. So in addition to chairing the NMF subcommittee, I assume you will also do the same for the Photoshop working group?

Cheers,

Bill

Just superb, fantastic. Words fail to describe the incredible job you've done. So in addition to chairing the NMF subcommittee, I assume you will also do the same for the Photoshop working group?

Cheers,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your kind words. I must say though no photoshop was used. Strait shots, just with a great back ground for aircraft pics.

Absolutely first rate, fantastic finish...looks so real, with great photography...!!!

Hats Off Cheers,

ggc