AKAN Soviet/Russian paints

Linden Hill

Just to let you know, we have finally been able to make all necessary arrangements with our partners at AKAN to ship this excellent range of water-based acrylic paints efficiently out of Russia. We're now in the process of relabeling the sets in English The paints come either in individual bottles or six-packs. Here are some of the latest releases:

AKAN47314.jpg

AKAN47306.jpg

AKAN47319.jpg

We are also now distributing AKAN paints alongside our own Linden Hill Decals. If any UK and/or EU model shops might be interested in carrying the line, please contact us for a quote.

http://www.lindenhillimports.com/akan.htm

I've already got a kit to do a mid 1980s Hind in Afghanistan & aim to get your Bush War Hinds decal sheet,which I emailed you about recently, with its color calls of FS 36415,34098,36329. Which of these colours would be suitable for Hind in the desert scheme the Soviet airforce used in Afghanistan. I'm thinking of the scheme on Yellow 14, Red 23 & 41. Thinking I might be able to do an all in one package.

Thanks,

Steve.

I've already got a kit to do a mid 1980s Hind in Afghanistan & aim to get your Bush War Hinds decal sheet,which I emailed you about recently, with its color calls of FS 36415,34098,36329. Which of these colours would be suitable for Hind in the desert scheme the Soviet airforce used in Afghanistan. I'm thinking of the scheme on Yellow 14, Red 23 & 41. Thinking I might be able to do an all in one package.

Thanks,

Steve.

We did that sheet long before the AKAN acrylics were available. The basic 'Afghan' scheme is 73047 & 73048 upper surfaces over 73049 undersides. Having said that, you'd need to lighten and weather those colors a fair amount to get the 'in-theatre' look. I'd add about 15% white to 73047 and see how it goes from there. The other two camo colours (73003 and 73009) in the 47303 package are for post-1990 camo. schemes, such as those found on the Mi-26, 28, Ka-50 and also post-overhaul Mi-8s and 24s. The tyre black colour 79042 is for the flat black Ka-50s and -52s.

HTH