Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  

WNW 1/32 Ninak

Recommended Posts


Just a quick picture to prove i've started the build, more to follow soon. Both fuselage sides are complete i'm just having trouble getting my paint i've used to represent the leather to dry, even in this heat !!

The light wood is a 50/50 mix of desert yellow and wood the streaked with light brown oils and finally a top coat of clear yellow and clear.

Dark wood is 75/25 desert yellow and flat brown, some darker brown oils and a 25/75 clear yellow/ clear orange gloss coat.

The X bracing wires are a product called knit in elastic which is excellent for that job, the black wires are copper wire painted and the silver wires, which need to be pulled tight is 2lb fishing line painted and pulled through a heat stretched cotton bud cut to size (4 off)

On the picture I have subsequently added a couple more wires, painted the leather and added two more ammunition wheels.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW :hypnotised: That's seriously impressive, I'm looking forward to more!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the GB gcn - we definitely need more pictures though! :Tasty:



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the worlds greatest photos but better than nothing, there's a chance I might finish in time.

The grey is xtracrylix Ocean grey, this paint dries to a semi-gloss finish so what I did to break up the slab of colour is put small dots of oil paint in black, paynes grey, white and umber and blend them into the surface without using any thinner with a nice dry flat brush.

I think the wheels are meant to be peeling paint so what I did is paint it black first, the mask some circles cut from tamiya tape and then applied some liguid mask around the edges of the circle to create the irregular pattern.

Tail was painted using citadel acrylics with the shading a very thin mix of black and smoke.

All eyelets have been added and the next stage is to rig the upper wing and then attach it.

Hope you like it.







I've tried to weather the pc10 by applying a yellow ochre oil and blending that in, I do think my PC10 is a little too brown.

Edited by gcn

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this