1/48 - Northrop P-61A & B Black Widow from Great Wall Hobby - released - new P-61B boxing

Homebee

Colour me happy! ^_^

First I've heard of this one, but if it's as good as the Fw.189 (apart from the poor design of the engine installation) it'll be a cracker. Funnily enough, I'd just restrained myself from buying one of the old Monogram ones I saw cheap... :hmmm:

Three boxings

- ref. L4802 - Northrop P-61A Black Widow

Source: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/121623-great-wall-hobby-l4802-northrop-p-61a-black-widow

6143339.jpg

- ref. L4806 - Northrop P-61A 'Black Widow' with Glass Nose

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/GWHL4806

GWHL4806

- ref. L4810 - Northrop P-61B 'Black Widow' 'Last Shoot Down'

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/GWHL4810

GWHL4810.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

All I can say is excellent news, one of my favorite aircraft, especially some of the nose art.With the decals that I have I will need at least 3 or maybe 4 of these.

Ali

My challenge for the next couple of years will be to knock together my Monogram P-61 so that everyone will think it's the new one.

:rofl:

That will take a little more than a few years, and even then I doubt it would come close, and that is not a reflection on your modelling, it is just HOW MUCH work is needed on the good old Monogram kit............................

Just buy a new one Sean, or prove us all wrong, you could start today to get a head start...........................

Ali

Thanks, I'll have a look!

Edit: They're doing it for the Monogram and HB kit strangely. Also, no photos on their homepage yet. Guess I have to wait a little and do some comparisons which one would fit the GWH wings best.

Edited by Ka-Efka
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ka-Efka said:

Thanks, I'll have a look!

Edit: They're doing it for the Monogram and HB kit strangely. Also, no photos on their homepage yet. Guess I have to wait a little and do some comparisons which one would fit the GWH wings best.

Sorry my mistake! I know the Monogram kit is reckoned to be pretty poor but I haven't seen too much about the HB kit, I suspect that would be the best fit to GWH.

EDIT: I've just e-mailed Mike for more information and advice. I'll advise any reply here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SleeperService said:

Sorry my mistake! I know the Monogram kit is reckoned to be pretty poor but I haven't seen too much about the HB kit, I suspect that would be the best fit to GWH.

EDIT: I've just e-mailed Mike for more information and advice. I'll advise any reply here.

No problem! Will have a look if / when the hobby shop of my choice has the Mongram / HB in stock. If there's a decent base to start with, I think I 'd go with that. Don't want to rebuild the wing root though... ;-)

Item # 40612 shown as for the Hobby Boss kit . The Hobby Boss P-61 comes with P-61C cowlings, scoops and prop blades included in the kit. These can be used to make an F-15 reporter. My set provides a new resin fuselage with interior, decals and canopy.. New prop blades are supplied , I think those in the HB kit are now broad enough.

Item 40617 shown for the Monogram kit is the same as above but includes new cowlings,props, spinners, scoops, motors. To make a Reporter out of a Monogram kit is more involved but since so many have them in the stash I am still offering the later conversion.

Hope this answers your questions,

Regards, Mike

Going by what I've read in Homebee's linked posts above and Mike's reply quoted above I'm going to take a punt on the HB set and see how it matches. I'm not into wing root rebuilds either so may end up with another P-61 in the stash.....

• Like 1