ill try and get this done but no promises

going well so far

the instructions

DSCF27101.jpg

flaps cut out, bays painted and washed

DSCF27081.jpg

the pile

DSCF27111.jpg

yes i know ive made a school boy error and got the white and grey for the legs and under cart the wrong way round, but i can sort that

Edited by markmarples

One small point about the wings central section colours: white above and blue below, but I believe the white wraps around the leading edge for a few cm on the lower part too. Can't find any picture of ETPS Hawks in that scheme that show this feature, but it can be seen in the picture you posted and there are some good pics of huntera that show this.

Mark builds a Hawk!?! Whatever next...

Seriously, nice start and cracking scheme to choose, am I correct in thinking this is the Airfix 48th scale kit?

One small point about the wings central section colours: white above and blue below, but I believe the white wraps around the leading edge for a few cm on the lower part too. Can't find any picture of ETPS Hawks in that scheme that show this feature, but it can be seen in the picture you posted and there are some good pics of huntera that show this.

The white did/does go over the leading edge (google for images of the recent scheme and its the same) and you'll notice the yellow effect from the "protection" put on the leading edges which obviously stands out against the white background.

I'll have a trawel through my reference photo's and see what I've got. Also the serials underneath are white.

Steve.

Here's an old photo of 343 but the scheme is exactly the same. I've got more in the attic but that for another time........... This will give you an idea.

5001-01.jpg

Steve.

Beautiful! Just beautiful!

I could print you some ETPS out for you if that helps?

thanks guys

royster i think with the help of chaps on here i may have it sorted, but ill bear it in mind

well finished at last 1/48 airfix kit and xtradecal decals, not xtradecal have got this sheet (and others wrong) the upper wings should be white and lowers blue

anyway here she is

DSCF3025.jpg

DSCF3024.jpg

DSCF3023.jpg

DSCF3022.jpg

DSCF3021.jpg

DSCF3020.jpg

DSCF3019.jpg

DSCF3018.jpg

That's gorgeous Mark!

I'll be doing a Hawk in this scheme at some point and your's will be the reference! Thanks for being the guinea pig..