1/72 Meteor & Sabre

Hi folks

I thought I'd share a couple of my efforts just completed.

First up is the 1/72 Xtrakit/Matchbox Meteor NF14 as WS774/"D" of 2 Air Navigation School, circa 1960

built OOB with decals from the kit plus unit markings from an old Modeldecal set.

DSCF0146.jpg

DSCF0145.jpg

DSCF0144.jpg

Next up is the recent 1/72 Airfix Sabre F4 as XB837/"K" of 92 Sqdn around 1955, again oob

with kit decals used plus Modeldecal for the unit markings.

DSCF0143.jpg

DSCF0142.jpg

DSCF0140.jpg

DSCF0147.jpg

Cheers

Vincent

A really tidy and beatifully finished pair of classic jets. The old Matchbox Meteor NF still build up into a very nice model with a bit of care and patience. I'm currently building an NF11 and your end result is the tonic I need to get cracking with it!

Cheers

Mark

Both very cool, but i do like the RAF Sabre. They do suit a roundel, better than a star.lol

Lovely job on both Vincent :goodjob: One of the first new Airfix Sabres I've seen and it certainly suits your choice of markings.

Both look really superb but your Meteor instantly reminded me of a photograph of one from one of the first aviation books i bought as a kid - "Fighter Aircraft In Color" by Bill Gunston (Octopus books) Must get cracking with that Sabre, very much like yours!

Martin

Thanks for the positive comments, gents, much appreciated.

Brill , who`s dayglo did you use.

Dek.

Dek, I used 5 or 6 coats of humbrol 209 international orange over a white undercoat for the dayglo.

The Saber is an excellent kit bar a couple of minor issues and I will be building it again sooner rather than later.

The Meteor is what it is(stock up on the filler and wet & dry :D )but I will do one again some time, just not too soon.

Cheers

Edited by murfv