Floatplane/Seaplane Group Build

I remember you did some nice work on a Cant z501, is it that one?

Yes though, a 1007 would be fine. I'm probably not planning on having a poll at the end, just a fun GB for the sake of it.

I remember you did some nice work on a Cant z501, is it that one?

Yes though, a 1007 would be fine. I'm probably not planning on having a poll at the end, just a fun GB for the sake of it.

Errrr.. Correct mi'laud, and I would like several other charges taken into account as well!

Yup thats it, sorry I got the designation wrong and I have found some of the photos as well. Though I do have a 1007 in the stash as well...

No poll sounds good, no pressure just party-time!

Cheers,

Christian the Married and in exile and hoping the Somali pirates leave his stash alone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only about 7 weeks to go for the start of this one guys. All the talk on the Interwar forum of vacforming Schneider Trophy kits has started to get the juices flowing already.

I'm planning on doing;

1/32 Essdale/Marsh Models Supermarine S5

1/48 Wiener Modellbau Gloster VI (In gold livery)

and if there's time either a 1/48 Fine Molds Savoia S.21 or a Testors S6B.

Edited by Doug Rogers
  • Like 1

I'm on with the Harley for the M/C GB but fancy the Revell (ex Matchbox) Walrus or the Airfix Boeing 314 Clipper for this GB when it comes around. It will give me the impetus to get the bike and then the 1/144 GB entry done.

I'm still on for this one. Got me some "Always" Catalina Fire Bomber decals and some PE to spruce up the cockpit. Need to figure out how to re-do the tail and maybe some scratch built stuff to represent the internals of what is basically a flying water tank. in 48th scale it's a bit of a challenge but I look forward to it :)

My kit for this GB arrived today. A Minicraft Cessna 172 Float Plane which is just crying out to be put in a setting/diorama :hmmm:

Sounds good Mish, how about tied up alongside a wooden jetty or something like that, maybe with a couple of figures walking towards it.

Just found a Karaya Sea Lion III in my stash - the Schneider version

The hull and wings are present, and the bag of bits looks OK ... but there are no instructions, no canopy (windscreen?), and I've never made a resin kit

I did find this thread on a French site that might be useful ... http://1-72.forumgratuit.org/t1931-hydro-2013karaya-supermarine-sea-lion-iii (think it's part of a group build)

Just found a Karaya Sea Lion III in my stash - the Schneider version

The hull and wings are present, and the bag of bits looks OK ... but there are no instructions, no canopy (windscreen?), and I've never made a resin kit

I did find this thread on a French site that might be useful ... http://1-72.forumgratuit.org/t1931-hydro-2013karaya-supermarine-sea-lion-iii (think it's part of a group build)

Nice choice....

Looks like you can use that French build thread for your instructions !! probably will be more helpful than the kit ones ....

Regards Trevor ....:D

Thanks Doug, Trevor

That looks nice Robert, do you get struts with the kit or do you have to DIY them?

Doesn't look like too many parts to get confuddled with.

The struts are included in the kit - though some are so fine and delicate that they may have to be replaced ... clumsy fingers, carpets, not recognising parts - the usual modelling hazards - but yes, this should be approachable

I've picked up the 1/72 Matchbox Noorduyn Norseman for this group build.

• 2 weeks later...

Well got a hospital admissions letter today,and unusually I should be just out from hospital when this one starts....... :D........ the last couple of GBs I have been nobbled for treatments during the builds and failed to do much or any of the GBs!!!

Now all I have to do is make a choice of subjects,something US and WW2ish, and get all the bits ready ....no climbing loft ladders for a good few weeks after.. :clif:

Regards Trevor.... :D

Sigh. I won't be taking part as I've a few other commitments turned up that'll take me away from the hobby for awhile.

I'll watch with interest though.

Have fun chaps!

Rick.