Floatplane/Seaplane Group Build

2013..? That's a long time to wait....but there are lots of possibilities...too early to pick a subject but count me in for something.........

Cheers,

ggc

Woohoo, we're on the board!

Thanks Mish, looking forward to this one, should see some very diverse kits, hopefully anyway.

:ditto:

I've no idea what to build yet, but there are plenty of suitable candidates in my stash (and probably be even more by 2013!).

Cliff

Can I join please?

and would Flying Boats and amphibians count too or is it just floats only?

JohnT

Flying boats and amphibians are fine John, if it can land on or take off from water, it's in.

Put me down for some thing wet and propellery

• 1 year later...

I recall showing interest when this was first mentioned. Plenty of time to clear the current overload of GBs I've signed up to so the date is no problem for me. I have a couple of ideas, a Beaver, Piper J-3 to be getting on with.

Edited by Paul J

Hi all, really looking forward to this one too!

Wayne, be great if you did a Dornier Do-X, love that aircraft. Got that kit, the Revell version anyway, on my 'To buy' list.

FBB, welcome, great to see you here. All those other suggerstions sound marvellous too. He-115 would be really good.

This is what I was hoping to get, a really nice mix of types.

I will definitely be doing a 1/32 Supermarine S5 in a small diorama of this picture;

s5.gif

Keep the ideas flowing guys, I want this one to be a real humdinger of a GB!

-"ISABEEEEEEEEEEEL!! Bring me my PBY-5!!"

-" Dad..... we.....ummmmmm......... we don't have a PBY-5... we have a PBY-5A..."

-"Then buy one, and keep at hand the 5A, and those UH-16... and that He-115...oh and the BW-138!!"

I'm in!

Hmm...a way away yet but possibly a Testors Curtiss R3C racer or a Revell/Monogram Vought OS2U (with Resin updates - yet to be bought) - both 1/48

Ooooh, thats nearly enough lead time for me to do something. I hope that an Arado Ar 196 floatplane I built 45 yrs ago but is now totally dismantled will be acceptable. I wouldn't be going to do it in Luftwaffe colours. ;)

Steve.