Le Mans Group Build

Well I've decided to start with an oldie (coz that's what I like best!)

Alfa Romeo 8C from the 1938 race. Profil 24 resin kit (curbside)

OK the car did not finish the race but I am hoping to finish the kit. If all goes well I may try to squeeze a Chaparral 2D or 2E in as well.

Steve.

Mine is the Fujimi kit. I don't build many cars but I saw a documentary called 'Can Am Thunder' and had to admire the Chaparrals... this kit was the closest I could get and will look good next to the Ford GT40 I am scheduled to finish in about 2025.

Steve, the Alfa is a gorgeous car and Profil look like nice kits.

Peter, the Chaparral 2D is another nice looking car, not familiar with the kit so looking forward to seeing this one.

Doug, looking forward to seeing the Nissan come together.

My build will be a 1/43 Provence Miniatures 2007 Team LNT Panoz Esperante "Full Kit" with open doors and bonnet. The reason being I was lucky enough to go to the 2007 race and through a contact within LNT managed to wangle a paddock pass from him and get onto the pit lane about an hour before the race started. Not the best race for them, though they did win their class in 2006.

Keep your prospective build posts coming.

Cheers,

Warren

I got the Nissan DeltaWing 1/24 kit from P24 a couple weeks ago, so that is on as planned.

I may also, if I manage to work up enough inspiration on the DeltaWing build, squeeze in two 1/24 Alpine A220 from -68 and -69 based on the new P24 kit. The -69 version requires quite a lot of body modifications but is really beautiful. But we'll see, I haven't been up to speed in my race car modelling (which used to be my maine genre) the last year or two, so I wount promise those two.

• 2 weeks later...

Just over a week to go so hopefully the main thread will be added to the Current GB forum soon and we can start seeing what people are going to build.

Cheers,

Warren

A couple of years ago I made a master for the Class winning Lotus Elite from 1957. It was intended for slot racing, but I have one shell. Would that be permissible?

I could do it as a finished static with engine detail, interior, etc.

Probably be the only 1/32nd scale model?

I think there's time. And I have some nice BRG cellulose still.

Cheers,

Martin