Le Mans Group Build

Frank,

You're under no obligation to participate when the GB starts but it would be nice if you did, though it's not till March 2013!

FBB has most the bases covered for the Corvette or Aston, there is the Airfix kit of the Aston and if you know where to look on the interweb there is a very nice 1/18th paper model of the Aston in both the original green or the Gulf colours.

I've got this FORD GT-40 in the stash, as I recall, it's from Fujimi in 1/24 or 1/25..??..I think its a curb side w/o a complete engine....very sexy in BLACK.......

Please to add me to the list....

Regards,

ggc

Frank,

You're under no obligation to participate when the GB starts but it would be nice if you did, though it's not till March 2013!

FBB has most the bases covered for the Corvette or Aston, there is the Airfix kit of the Aston and if you know where to look on the interweb there is a very nice 1/18th paper model of the Aston in both the original green or the Gulf colours.

Thank you both for your help, I do appreciate it. Madmonk, please could you could add my name to GB list for this one, I'll find the time somehow!

FBB, many thanks for the list of kit options, gives me plenty of scope for finding something suitable. But I don't think I feel 630 Euros flush!

Right guys,

Updated list of potential entries.

Obi Jiff and Madmonk (as hosts)

ferny

Scarlet

steve g

Happy Martian

Smiffy

cmatthewbacon

wkennerley

Doug Rogers

little-cars

cjhm

saintsdave

ChopperSteve

ptcruiser

gary from darwin

c.smith10

Diesel Gypsy

hythe

Busdriver

Graham77

MFord

AntPhillips

AndrewE

Rallychef

Oily

CliffB

Digital Genocide

Geoff King

woody37

Paul J

Grufsnik

theplasticsurgeon

Wellzy

fatbaldbloke

marc

Frank Fontaine

CPNGROATS

38 in total and still plenty of time for more of you wingy thing plastic fondlers to join up, they still have wings and engines but just stay on terra firma!

Will post this near the front of the thread as well.

Warren

Edited by Madmonk

I've got this FORD GT-40 in the stash, as I recall, it's from Fujimi in 1/24 or 1/25..??..I think its a curb side w/o a complete engine....very sexy in BLACK.......

Please to add me to the list....

Regards,

ggc

That sounds like the same one that I've got.

I believe it's Chris Amon's 1966 LM winning car - though the kit doesn't say so.

Mrs FBB has been known to nail bits of plastic together in the past when she was an air cadet and seeing her Forza garage I'm trying to persuade her to join in with a Fujimi Ferrari P4.

Wish me luck and only bring grapes in fermented form.

Assuming I can stay out of trouble between now and then (no promises) I have a Cunningham C4-R from Fisher, a Chrysler 300 and a load of tubing and sheet stock I've been sitting on for ages.

Or possibly a Monogram 1/8 Jaguar I've been meaning to turn into a Lindner or a Cunningham lightweight.

Ah well, I have time to scheme plan.

Sherpa

Yeah why the heck not? Throw me in.

I've got the 1/24 studio 27 peugeot 908 2007 and 1/24 Renaissance Aston Martin DBR-9 I wouldn't mind having a go at. Also plenty in 1/43.

Tony

Welcome aboard Sherpa, the Cunningham Lightweight sounds interesting.

How difficult can turning a coupe into a hard top roadster be right? While I do have a long history of cutting the lid off of various models I also have a nasty habit of putting them back in the box shortly after.... We shall see.

Sherpa

Would love to have a crack at this one too. If I do though, it would have to be the mighty 787B and so far I can't find the kit anywhere at a reasonable price! If anyone has the Tamiya 1/24 and wouldn't mind selling it or swapping it then please shoot me a PM :)

How difficult can turning a coupe into a hard top roadster be right? While I do have a long history of cutting the lid off of various models I also have a nasty habit of putting them back in the box shortly after.... We shall see.

Sherpa

I would have thought the roadster would be a better starting point?

Best of luck, whatever!

Tonyp and Dan. welcome to the GB.

Best of luck finding the Mazda Dan, very nice kit though.

Tonyp, the Panoz were great cars, I have one of the PM 1/43 kits of the Esperante that I might build.

I would have thought the roadster would be a better starting point?

Best of luck, whatever!

Yup, much easier to start with a drop top than to rebuild the back half but I don't have a roadster in 1/8 to build off of....

*shrug* It's probably a moot point anyway as *someone* who shall remain un-named took some amazing pictures of the BMW art cars which reminded me that I was planning on doing the Warhol M1 someday so that may have moved to a higher place on the stack.

On the other hand there is enough time for me to change my mind another dozen times so take whatever I type with a grain of salt.

Sherpa

If it's not too late to enter, I would like to join in please (newbie member)

I will consult the stash for a suitable candidate, thinking Chaparral at the moment but will have to check the kits I have will build Le Mans versions !

Steve.

A Chaparral would be nice! Does anyone know if there was ever a kit made of that crazy machine the 2J?! I'd jump at the chance to build one of those

I know it's been done in 1/43 resin but I have no idea on availability. If you decide to build one make sure you have a good etch bender.

There is the small problem that it didn't race at Le Mans but it's an amazing car so don't let that stop you.

Sherpa

• 3 weeks later...

Would Sir prefer open or covered fans?

Midlantic have called it a day now, so when they're gone they're gone. Mini Exotics in the States made a 1:24 resin kit (they also did a 2H, now that's a weird looking machine!) but as far as know they've been out of production a long time. I've certainly not seen one for a decade or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got round to checking the stash to see what I had that fits the bill, and it looks like I'm spoiled for choice, here's what I found:

Union (Heller) Porsche 917K - 1971 winner (unfortunately I decided to pull it out and I've already made a start, so I guess that disqualifies it) :oops:

Tamiya Porsche 936 - 1976 winner

Tamiya Alpine Renault A442 - 1978 winner

Tamiya Porsche 956 - RLR - 1983

Tamiya Tom's Toyota 84C - 1984

Revell Sauber Mercedes C9 (Kouros Racing) - 1987

Tamiya Porsche 962c - Joest Blaupunkt - 1988/89

Tamiya Jaguar XJR-9LM - 1988 winner

Hasegawa Jaguar XJR-9 (IMSA) - 1988 (I'm not sure if this is eligible or not as I can't remember if the IMSA cars raced at Le Mans in Castrol colours or if they were painted as Silk Cats, any one shed any light on this?)

Tamiya Toyota 88C - 1988

Tamiya Sauber Mercedes C9 (Silver Arrow) - 1989 winner

Tamiya Nissan R89C - 1989

Tamiya Mazda 787B - 1991 winner

Tamiya Porsche 911 GT1 - 1996 / 97

Tamiya Toyota GT One - 1998 / 99

Revell Audi R10 TDi - 2006/2008 winner

I also have a couple of other Group C racers that are 1000 km sprint race cars, I guess these won't be eligible.

Hasegawa Jaguar XJR-8 - 1987

Heller Peugeot 905 Evo 1bis - 1991 / 92

I'm not sure what I'm going to build for the GB as yet, but I may be tempted to try and finish a couple.

Edited by AntPhillips