XX163

Col.

Col,

That cockpit scenario is certainly looking the part now!

You've got the Instructor in the rear looking over the Students left shoulder - while the Student is looking to his right, but most importantly, the Instructor is holding on!

Yes, I've had that experience - Lovely!

Cheers, Brian

Morning Min!

Having seen this in the flesh at last night's club meeting, I've got to say I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished article now. The detail in the cockpit is looking really good and the whole scenario is a cracking idea! Certainly a contender for next month's competition....

Mark.

PS, here's a link to the filling technique I mentioned last night. The same sort of principle applies to using Milliput, just substitute water for nail polish remover.

http://www.aircraftresourcecenter.com/tnt1...ding/tnt029.htm

Cheers lads. Excuse the lack of updates but progress has slowed due to a lack of modelling time. Seems our little girl has hit the terrible twos early. Anyway, here's where we're at now;

Got the canopy on,

Mixed001-1.jpg

Shortened the tail fillet as per the early machines,

Mixed010-1.jpg

Masked the canopy before adding the various antenna around the nose and underfuselage,

Mixed006.jpg

as well as new wing fences, leading edge breaker strips, plus a small antenna close to the airbrake,

Mixed007.jpg

Think I'll get the spraying started today but going to be tight for meeting the deadline.

Fit Like?

That is a good looking model, are we gonna see it on the competition table in September? The work you've done on the cockpit is simply outstanding and all the effort put in has paid off for a cracking little scene.

Share your pain with the terrible twos, mine went through them 2 yrs ago. It can be very trying at times!!!

Mark.

I Like the way the GIB appears to holding on tight for his life while the driver up front is enjoying himself!!! :)

Cheers Paul, the intial plan was to model her taking-off but seeing a photo of the crew in this setting made me change my mind.

Fit Like?

That is a good looking model, are we gonna see it on the competition table in September? The work you've done on the cockpit is simply outstanding and all the effort put in has paid off for a cracking little scene.

Share your pain with the terrible twos, mine went through them 2 yrs ago. It can be very trying at times!!!

Mark.

Middling if truth be told min Mark but at least Iona seems to have calmed down again for a wee while so we're all getting a bit more sleep.

Got the white upper surfaces sprayed this morning using Revell enamels and thinners then came home planning to mask that and fire some light grey on the wings. Bloody paint is still tacky so doubt I'll be finished by the GB deadline at this rate :( Guess I'll just have to keep working towards the September meeting as a new deadline.

The other issue I've suddenly discovered is a lack of three colour roundels for this scheme as none are included in the Modeldecal sheet and I've nothing suitable in the spares box so will try to mask and spray them.

'Fraid this is as far as I'll get for the GB :( The white has finally cured so will get it masked off and ready for the grey tomorrow then see how long it takes before the red can follow.

Mixed010-2.jpg

Mark, I'd like to say thank you for taking the time and trouble to organise and run this GB and can only apologise for not being able to finish this one within the time-scale. I'll start a new thread in the Work in Progress section soon and contine getting her finished there.

Middling if truth be told min Mark but at least Iona seems to have calmed down again for a wee while so we're all getting a bit more sleep.

The other issue I've suddenly discovered is a lack of three colour roundels for this scheme as none are included in the Modeldecal sheet and I've nothing suitable in the spares box so will try to mask and spray them.

Aye, it's nae easy, but when you're getting a decent night's kip, it makes it so much easier. Came home from work tonight to find Lucy giving her Auntie Katie the run around something chronic. Poor lass was ready to cry!

PM me your postal address and the roundel sizes you need, I've got a stack of suitable roundels and matching fin flash in the decal bank.

Mark.

Thanks very much Mark. Will have a crack at spraying them and see how it goes first but dare say I'll give you a shout soon as it goes wrong. Ken fit like ;)

Thanks very much Mark. Will have a crack at spraying them and see how it goes first but dare say I'll give you a shout soon as it goes wrong. Ken fit like ;)

Nae bother min!

I Like the way the GIB appears to holding on tight for his life while the driver up front is enjoying himself!!! :)

ditto - nice touch :)

look forward to seeing it done

Cheers Nobby and Kev. Alas this one has stalled due to bad masking and lots of minor bleed from the red. Made a start to tidying it up this morning but tryig to touch up white and light grey over red is going to take a couple thin coats so slow going :( Still moving forward though.