WWII VVS Colours

timbo33

• 2 weeks later...

If this is the wartime colour described as milky coffee, I gather Hemp will do, or one the old White Ensign Colourcoats RN colours in the MS series - but as Jamie has comprehensively superseded those, I doubt that you could find one.  Either recommendation is only approximate.

AKAN does have a UK importer, I believe it is Coastal Command; not sure. They may have a listing/ad on the BM site IIRC. Or, someone may have mentioned them on a posting. @Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies has been working to correct the WW2 Japanese colors, and is doing the same for WW2 and Cold War and Modern Soviet?Russian aircraft.

For AMT-1 Light Brown I've used Testors Model Master Enamels Israeli Armor Sand/Gray and Afrika Dunkelgrau '42 and was reasonably pleased with both (I believe the Israeli Armor Sand/Gray is a little darker). However, with Rust-Oleum, the owners of Testors running down the Model Master range (the Metalizer line is apparently now gone), I don't know if these are even available anymore - they don't appear on Rust-Oleum's site.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1