Converting Revell's 1/144 KC 10 into a DC10-30

ryoga

(in my culture, a "Godfather" is an official father figure to the child and shares parenting responsibilities

....40 degrees doesn't really make the flap sloop low like in the reference photographs. Maybe when the kit is fully assembled .. hmmm.

shares parenting??????.....OMG....it could never happen in this country.....

maybe it doesnt *look* right coz they're not attached to the fuse yet, you might be right there.

when they are they will look better :) trust me they will.

or you could attach the wings and then deal with the flaps

Its not really a bad concept, and it doesn't absolve the natural parents from any responsibilities. Its just means the child has a back up in case anything goes wrong.

Test fitted her on the fuselage ... it does looks better. Now to tackle the slats and rods to hold that in place. BTW, received 5 packages yesterday, its like everythng else came except the livery I need most for this kit :raincloud: Oh well, I still can get everything else done first

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress report .. not much done since I only get to do little bits here and there on weekdays and only more on my holidays :innocent: Images are taken with my camera phone so they aren't that clear (camera batteries ran out of juice so no choice)

IMAG0247_resize.jpg

Here are the main fuselage and wings I have been working on. The wings are pretty much there except for the flaps closest to the fuselage and slats. For the main fuselage, following advise from some of the esteem members here, I decided to use the aid of Magic Sculpt to help me design up the rough cockpit. I had been having a lot of problems with the cockpit area.

IMAG0248_resize.jpg

I left the gap in the cockpit interior as that's where I plan to put Preiser's 1/160th figures in as pilots (they're not to scale but its the closest I can get at that scale). I used Magic Sculpt to fill that small portion behind the cockpit to serve as weight so the model won't stand on its rear later.

IMAG0251_resize.jpg

I've also cut out the rear cowl of the top side engine to showcase its engine reverse thrust later. Picture above shows how the arrangement would look like assembled minus detail in between.

IMAG0250_resize.jpg

The gapping hole where the refueling boom used to be are filled using Magic Sculpt and will serve as the first coat. I'll be filling her again once the two fuselage are fitted together. The wing recess are further reinforced so that she'll have a better grip on the wings later.

Some test fit images to see how the modified parts go together. I have already noted some areas I still need to fill later when each part comes together.

IMAG0246_resize.jpg

IMAG0244_resize.jpg

IMAG0243_resize.jpg

IMAG0242_resize.jpg

IMAG0240_resize.jpg

Thanks for looking. Will update more once I get the cockpit out of the way. Planning to have a very simple overlay for the cockpit since not much can be seen through the windows, except maybe the pilots.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

This thread is four years old and the OP's profile shows he hasn't been on the site since November 2012.

It's a lovely piece of modelling and I too would like to see it finished but I very much doubt that we're going to hear any more.

• Like 1