Libyan Mig 23

Well gguys the IL2 is finished and I started on a mig 23 in May originally for the OOB GB but the Il took up a bit too much time so Ive missed the deadline.In light of the fact that the pics is date tagged andwas built along with the IL 2 I was hoping that it might find a home here if you will have it.

The build is completely out of box save for the decals that I will use wich was made by well ME.

Edited by the South African

Well thanks Deon.My ISP is giving problems again so without any further adue for your viewwing and scrutiny:

100_0828.jpg

100_0829.jpg

100_0833.jpg

Thanks again and as ever I hope you enjoy blokes!

Well in the meantime I've managed to slap on a few coats of paint and do some work on two of my other running projects:

100_0935.jpg

......wouldanyone like to venture a guess as to what I am working on along with the 23?.......................

100_0936.jpg

.......the silver one (wich incedently is a hell of a lot of work).............

100_0934.jpg

......and the as yet unpainted one(that I've managed to turn into a hell of a lot of work)!...........

100_0933.jpg

Well thanks for looking and untill net time.....

A Mig 19 Pm but with A LOT of scratch details:Scratch built cockpit and bang seat,Scratched flaps ,dropped the aelerons repositioned rudder,scratch exhaust cans rescribed panels scratch launcher shoes etc etc,the other one is a KFIR that started out as a cheetah e but the Kfir bug got me.

O.K guys well she's on her own legs (at last) it is very cold by SA standards today and the wind is howling something terrible so had time for some serious cram work. Need to stick on some more bits and pieces and then future and decals mat cote etc. should be finished by tonight around nine-ish.As a side note I am going to use a drop tank that was adapted from another kit a 72nd academy dragonfly to be precise and weapons load from revell and some other obscure kit (the academy options looks too much like toys to my eye,I also managed to break of the pitot tube so will replace that with a needle.Pics to follow.

Thanks for looking and enjoy!

Well as promised here is the pics.Fresh of Shaun's assembly line paint still wet but calling her done.The kit was a pleasure to build save for the small fit problem around the intakes and the horrible canopy fit cockpit also devoid of detailthe toylike weapons and the instructions gives the options for an egyptian and a russian machine but only provides markings for the russian machine wich gives me the idea that this is a reboxing of someone else's mould any info on that would be welcome.I also surprised myself by being on schedule even ahead of it by finishing at 20:40.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.

100_0940.jpg

100_0941.jpg

100_0942.jpg

100_0943.jpg

also devoid of detailthe toylike weapons and the instructions gives the options for an egyptian and a russian machine but only provides markings for the russian machine wich gives me the idea that this is a reboxing of someone else's mould any info on that would be welcome.

If it's 1/48 and Italeri, it will be the old Esci job. That description certainly matches it.

hey

that looks fantastic, great build!!

to do the ++Finished++ thing you need to edit your first post. Do a full edit and under where you type the subject there is another field where you can type what you want.

cheers

brenden