Airfix T1 1/48

Tim T

Just picked this up in Modelzone. I was trying to resist as I am doing the Tornado and Harrier GBs but it was no use. This will be totally out of the box. I am tempted to do the RAF Valley 19 Sqn option, although I do like the 63 Sqn grey bird.

Edited by timt

Sorry for the delay, but here are the first photos. Box shot plus progress so far.

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0293.jpg

I think there is some serious warping going on here. A quick look at the wings makes me think this may be a recurring theme. My plan is to use Mr Cement S in small stages and a lot of clamps to get this thing together. Better go and check my filler supplies....

I got the same kit last week, when I checked the wings, they were grossly warped. I sent Airfix an e-mail of complaint yesterdy morning and a replacement set of wings dropped through the door this morning! The replacement set aren't perfect, but much better than the ones in the kit!

I must be unlucky based upon Mark's experiences but this kit has fought me all the way. I am a big fan of Airfix's recent releases but this one has really tried my patience. The plastic is really soft and nothing really fitted well and took a lot of lining up, sanding and filling. I cut off the flaps and discovered the instructions give the wrong parts for the underwing actuators. Much sweating ensued.

Anyway, here is where I have got to having primed and corrected. Nedd to touch up the primer coat then on with the paint....

IMG_0298.jpg