HMS Dreadnought

Looks like it is certain to go ahead if there's information on parts count etc. Can't wait to get this. It will look very interesting side-by-side with the very nice Zvezda Russian Pre-dreadnoughts too.

Will

Edited by Killingholme

Looks like it is certain to go ahead if there's information on parts count etc. Can't wait to get this. It will look very interesting side-by-side with the very nice Zvezda Russian Pre-dreadnoughts too.

Will

I keep looking at their Russian stuff, but have yet to get round to trying them.

Don't know if this has been posted elsewhere,but the UK importer (The Hobby Co.) has now confirmed that the price will be around £45 for this kit.

£45 !! Makes a pleasent change from paying three figures for a Battleship!!

Regards Phil

Hello there, ANTICSONLINE are showing it at £45 too, with a delivery date of 6th July:- http://www.anticsonline.co.uk/662_1.html hope the link works. I will get one and with luck it will be easier to do than the Iron Shipwright resin one I did.

Regards, Ray

PS, the link does work, it is right at the bootom of the page. Antics is within walking distance from work. I am looking forward to my lunch that day. Hope it gets delivered (the kit that is, not lunch....)

Edited by Ray S

You can pre-order the kit now at WEM:

https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/c/Zvesda/67/1/

and you can also pre-order PE 35154, our dedicated PE set for the kit:

https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/c/British...Aircraft/190/1/

Peter Hall will make that a priority as soon as we can put a kit in his hands.

That is fantastic news John. I was secretly hoping WEM would get in there. I will be pre ordering the etch, But I hope you don't mind me supporting my local model shop for the kit (unless they can't get it!). There are so few LMS's around.

Best regards, Ray

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, I have got my Dreadnought now from Antics. Naturally I have opened the box and it looks great! There seems to be plenty of fine detail, and it echoes plenty from my Ironshipwright's resin kit and the Anatomy of the Ship book. I think it was an excellent £45 spent and I was dead chuffed.

All I need now is for Mad Pete to kindly give up his sleep, dinner, breakfast and so on for WEM and the etch! .... Only joking!

Regards, Ray

Hello all, I have got my Dreadnought now from Antics. Naturally I have opened the box and it looks great! There seems to be plenty of fine detail, and it echoes plenty from my Ironshipwright's resin kit and the Anatomy of the Ship book. I think it was an excellent £45 spent and I was dead chuffed.

All I need now is for Mad Pete to kindly give up his sleep, dinner, breakfast and so on for WEM and the etch! .... Only joking!

Regards, Ray

Received mine this morning from SBX Models; £25 with free postage! Well done David.

Received mine this morning from SBX Models; £25 with free postage! Well done David.

Grrr! Great bargain for you there, hope you enjoy building it! Hannants had it for £25 too when it was a future release, but are now showing it for £44.99

All the best, Ray

I have just received my sample of this kit,and at first glance I`m highly impressed.It has just the right amount of detail,and serves as a good basis for a truly outstanding model.I particularly liked the steam pinnaces which are little gems.At £45 RPP I consider it good value for money.So,Well done to Zvesda ,lets have more vessels from that neglected era

For once a happy ,Phil

Edited by Phil Reeder