CyberHobby Gloster Meteor F.Mk.I

Pete57

To make up for MPM's fiasco, Cyberhobby has released what appears to be an almost perfect Gloster Meteor F.MK.I! :yahoo:

I have not physically seen the kit, but images of the kit and instruction sheet are available on the 1999.co.jp website here

Pluses

The wing is correct with no speed-brake wells and the l/g 'bulges' correctly extend to the flap hinge-line

The kit includes the parts to build the two Rolls Royce W2B/23 Welland I turbojets. :speak_cool:

Minuses

The incorrect elevators (i.e. no horn-balance) of the previous F.Mk.III kit have not been corrected :badmood:

The ailerons, albeit partly correct (mid-span trim-tab) likewise lack the balance-horn (Cyberhobby must be allergic to horn-balance!!! :hmmm: )

Canopy with rear-view mirror bulge.

Only two choices: EE222/G YQ-G of W/Cdr. A. McDowall, 616th Squadron CO, and EE210/G first F.Mk.I, with US insignia during tests at Muroc

Regards,

Pete57

Or you could try looking here!

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...4&hl=meteor

I've just got mine. The inclusions of engines is interesting given that the Mk 3 didn't even show any engine detail.

John Brouwer

Ooops, missed it! :banghead:

For the records, the engines can be used on the Mk.III only if you choose to build one of the early, Welland-engined examples (thru EE244) :winkgrin:

Regards,

Pete57

Edited by Pete57

The inclusions of engines is interesting given that the Mk 3 didn't even show any engine detail.

I was a bit ..., ahem, disappointed to find just gaping voids in the F.III engine bays aft of the spar, especially since locating bulkheads had been provided for something. However if you plug the little holes in the tailpipes to stop the see-through look and paint everything aft of the spar matt black, the said gaping voids are not apparent, if at all. Probably better than the spurious bulkhead just behind the spar on the MPM F.8 kits.

Edited by Seahawk