1:48 PaperCraft Hubble Space Telescope

Here's a few pictures of my 1:48 scale, PaperCraft Hubble Space Telescope. The template was downloaded from the Official Hubble Web site at;

Hand Held Hubble

The model was made using standard computer printing paper and white glue. The telescope reflector was made using kitchen foil.

HUBBLE_42%20%28Small%29.JPG

HUBBLE_43%20%28Small%29.JPG

HUBBLE_44%20%28Small%29.JPG

You've done a great job there - I bet it wasn't the most straightforward build either! :thumbsup:

Thanks, no, it wasn't! I handicapped myself right from the start by using standard printer paper, the template recommends using card stock for the model!! You can see the solar panels are sagging because the paper isn't rigid enough!

Still, I thoroughly enjoyed the build, something completely different to my usual 1:35 armour...

You've done a cracking job there.

I've also added the link to the model to my collection of card modelling links - one day I'm gonna have to start printing and building them!

You've done a cracking job there.

I've also added the link to the model to my collection of card modelling links - one day I'm gonna have to start printing and building them!

I've downloaded a few other templates myself, including the M41A Pulse Rifle from the Aliens film!

Nice build, though card stock is best, I tend to use 120 or 160 gm paper and the best glue I have found is from The Range, Anita's Sticky Glue I think it's called. I find that it doesn't warp the paper like some more watery PVA glues.

I've just down loaded a Williams FW26 from Metmania which when built is a foot long. Metmania also has a lot of deformed F1 cars that are fantastic and only take one sheet of paper.

Full size?

Yeah, full size! I downloaded it from this site; Aliens PaperCraft

The site is Czech and although it has an English translation option, is a bit on the difficult side to navigate. But there's loads of Aliens models. The site author is even in the process of developing a model of the Sulaco!

Nice build, though card stock is best, I tend to use 120 or 160 gm paper and the best glue I have found is from The Range, Anita's Sticky Glue I think it's called. I find that it doesn't warp the paper like some more watery PVA glues.

I've just down loaded a Williams FW26 from Metmania which when built is a foot long. Metmania also has a lot of deformed F1 cars that are fantastic and only take one sheet of paper.

Thanks, yeah there is a little bit of warping, especially around the cylinder of the main body of the telescope. I guess that's what happens when you're impatient and just want to get on and build, instead of waiting until you can get card stock!!

Edited by bruce3371

Great! Thanks for that, I've added it to my favourites.

You're welcome. Have you tried the PaperCraft Museum website? Admittedly the site is full of guff, but hidden away there are some real gems :)

Edited by bruce3371

That's a new one to me as well, and now added to my faves - thanks.

Here's another one for your favourites list, I found it today. It includes templates for a 1:100 scale International Space Station *gets busy downloading* lol :)

AXM Paper Space Scale Models

Here's another one for your favourites list, I found it today. It includes templates for a 1:100 scale International Space Station *gets busy downloading* lol :)

AXM Paper Space Scale Models

And I thought the Heller 1/125 one was big...

Thats really good, great to see a different medium being used on here.

Well done, Mac

Thanks, yes, I like to do something a bit different occasionally, gives me a break from all that plastic! :)

There is a guy over on papermodelers. com building a 1/24th scale shuttle from cardstock

http://www.papermodelers.com/forum/pasa-pa...ce-shuttle.html

Mick

Thanks, I'll be sure to check it out :)