IJN Kagero Class Destroyers

Shar2

IJN Kagero Class

1/350

This recent release in the ever increasing line up of White Ensign Models etch sets, this one is for the Kagero Class of Japanese destroyers. Designed for use with, either the Tamiya Yukikaze, or Hasegawas Kagero kits. As is usual with WEM etch sets from the master Peter Hall, the parts are beautifully relief etched with very fine detail throughout. The fret is 170mm x 145mm and contains 62 parts.

PE%20Fret.jpg

Along with the ubiquitous railings you are supplied with mast braces, funnel cap grilles, gun shields and ladders. Various handrails, davits and platform supports are also provided, to tweak the already great detail of the kits.

Handrails.jpg

Railings

For even finer detail replacement parts are given for various platforms, motor cutter seats, oars and radar warning antenna.

Platforms.jpg

Replacement Platform parts

Turret%20Handrails.jpg

Turret Handrails

The only thing I can find to really comment on is the inclusion of anchor chains, which, whilst better than moulded on detail is really too flat to work, even at this scale. But other than that, the set gives the modeller everything they need to build a top class ship.

Conclusion

Beautifully etched, another great detail set from White Ensign Models. I don’t think I need to say anything more other than highly recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of John at

logo.jpg