1/48th Italeri EA-6B Prowler

Shaun

geez, got to agree. i love the prowler, but the kinetc was out of my price range, so this takes the crap. esp as someone else says not been out long.

Why are Italeri reboxing a kit that is a little over one year old???? Doesn't make sense

Because Italeri's distribution in Europe is much better than Kinetic's, therefore the Italeri box can be found in shops where the kinetic kit will never arrive.

Because Italeri's distribution in Europe is much better than Kinetic's, therefore the Italeri box can be found in shops where the kinetic kit will never arrive.

If that's their logic then it's a pretty poor one. Kinetic kits can be found in numbers at local or online model shops, and as said at half the price. If some one is going to be buying a kit at £65.00 plus then they know a thing or two about modelling and will know that the Kinetic version is the way to go.

It looks to me that Kinetic have sold on the moulds and will not be releasing the kit?

If that's their logic then it's a pretty poor one. Kinetic kits can be found in numbers at local or online model shops, and as said at half the price. If some one is going to be buying a kit at £65.00 plus then they know a thing or two about modelling and will know that the Kinetic version is the way to go.

It looks to me that Kinetic have sold on the moulds and will not be releasing the kit?

Might be true in the UK but not in other Italeri markets. Here in Italy Kinetic kits can be found in some big model shops, Italeri kits can be found in every model shop and in some supermarkets. For many modellers finding a kit in a shop in the same town can be worth the extra price (that here is 40 quid against 60). As for shopping online, it's something common for people like us who write on a forum and know well enough how to deal with the web, but there are a lot of modellers that wouldn't know where to start from.

Giorgio,

Seems like Italeri is the local Italian version of Airfix here in the UK. The company who people think of when they think of model kits. Ordinary people, rather than the experts like us who can name more than 1 company who make kits.

As to the EA-6B price, I can't afford £ 60 here in the UK, and it would be more if I bought it on-line, with postage. Sure, there is always buying from overseas, but then there are the various extras to pay during the import.

I'll wait until Hannants get the Kinetic one in again, which was last priced at £ 35. I can't see decals costing £ 25, which is over 2 expensive sheets.

I looked in ModelZone today. Still the same stack of expensive Hasegawa and the more expensive of the Italeri were on the shelf.

Regards,

Gerard

I'll wait until Hannants get the Kinetic one in again, which was last priced at £ 35. I can't see decals costing £ 25, which is over 2 expensive sheets.

Both Relish Models and Emodels in the UK have the Kinetic version in stock for just over £30.00

Giorgio,

Seems like Italeri is the local Italian version of Airfix here in the UK. The company who people think of when they think of model kits. Ordinary people, rather than the experts like us who can name more than 1 company who make kits.

You are right, Italeri is well known and can be found everywhere so that many think of them immediately when they think of model kits. They are also present at a number of trade fairs and events, something that improves visibility further.

Said that, the biggest chain of toy stores in Italy stocks... Airfix !! I often pop in when I pass by one, just to check in case any new item has arrived. As their prices are better than those in the modelshops, I hope they'll stock the Valiant !!!

Scott,

Thanks for that information. I'll be checking there once I can afford to buy one.

Looks like I need to sell still more kits / books then......

Regards,

Gerard

Both Relish Models and Emodels in the UK have the Kinetic version in stock for just over £30.00