1:24 scale Hawker Hurricane

Stunning work Richard. Once painted this will be easily mistaken for looking at photos of the real Hurricane.

Hi Col appreciate your kind words, hope when it comes time to paint I do it justice.

Regards

Richard

Gawd! Please don't tell me that those control runs are actually articulated? Do the radios work as well?

I did make them so they could move :wacko: but one bit of glue stopped that !! so no they will not articulate, regarding the radio they are not wired yet so I don't know :rolleyes:

Regards

Richard

Only just joined the site and seen this, and WOW :gobsmacked: this is one heck of a model, this could be the most detailed model ive ever seen, you are one amazing modeller i have to say going to follow this from now on, this will be a fantastic model once your done :)

Hi Motley, welcome to the site, not been here long either, thanks very much for your kind words, there are lots of very good modellers here as you will see.

Regards

Richard

im just in true awe at the level of detail and scratch builind that is being shown here. well done sir. well done indeed.

I appreciate your kind words Moofles, I did start this as a kit and then found the engine was wrong and it went down hill from there :unsure:

Regards

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Nobby, what you do in 1:72 scale is :yikes:

Just a small update to my build, the last pictures I built the back bracket which holds the cables twice the size it should be, so I have changed that and added the top bracket. Added the bracket under the radio (for the cables) then made the frame work for the retractable foot stiirup. Machined a small pully wheel and made the bracket to hold it. Just a few more brackets here and there before I can start painting.

IMG_5113.jpg

IMG_5114.jpg

IMG_5115-1.jpg

IMG_5110.jpg

IMG_5111.jpg

IMG_5117.jpg

IMG_5118.jpg

IMG_5119.jpg

Until the next post

Regards

Richard

• Like 2

I follow your work with great attention Richard but there is something still unclear. At the end of your job this masterpiece will be sealed into the Trumpeter body?

Ezio

Good Question!

Fantastic work Richard, I've a Question for you too, What do you use to stick the brass to the plastic? I've been having a bit of trouble...

Radleigh.

I follow your work with great attention Richard but there is something still unclear. At the end of your job this masterpiece will be sealed into the Trumpeter body?

Ezio

Hi Ezio,

What I intend to do is were the canvas would go on one side is to make a mould from the kit, I have bought some clear resin so I will make a casting from behind the cockpit to the rudder, then I will be able to show all internals.

Regards

Richard

Spectacular!

Regards:

Shaun

Thanks Shaun

WOW

Thank you as well Artur

Gawp

Slow going but coming together as I pictured it.

Regards

Richard

Good Question!

Fantastic work Richard, I've a Question for you too, What do you use to stick the brass to the plastic? I've been having a bit of trouble...

Radleigh.

Hi Radleigh,

I just use CA from UMA models, or Zap CA.

Best regards

Richard

• 2 weeks later...
master modeller at work ,excellent stuff

Thanks Mick just trying to make as close to the real one as poss.

Well just a small update, I bought a CD of the Hurri from England and it had four good pictures of the kick in foot step, also I had a drawing which I scaled to 1:24 so I built it out of .003" brass shim including the brackets, after I took the pictures I added a small spring so it now it will open and close.

Hope you enjoy

IMG_5122.jpg

IMG_5123.jpg

IMG_5124.jpg

IMG_5125.jpg

I have to see want else to build before I start putting some paint on her.

Best regards

Richard

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your kind words, you should post your builds.

Well I have now added the frame work on the tail so that the tail spares would not move, still need to add some more braces, will make a mold of the tail and make a clear resin casting, then cut out the plastic leaving the tail fin in place so that the construction will be shown.

Now just wondering if I should keep going and do a wing or what?

Hope you enjoy

IMG_5128.jpg

IMG_5129.jpg

IMG_5130.jpg

IMG_5132.jpg

Then I added couple more bracing as seen in this picture,

IMG_5133.jpg

Until next post

Regards

Richard

• Like 2

Do a wing! Do a wing!

Very impressive work as always. I'd be sad to see such beautiful construction clad in either the kit parts or even clear resin such is the stunning effect of seeing the bare structure as you have it at the moment. You must have almost enough parts left to build the kit and sit it next to this one as a fully clothed comparison! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Col, thinking of what you have said, quote (I'd be sad to see such beautiful construction clad in either the kit parts or even clear resin such is the stunning effect of seeing the bare structure as you have it at the moment) so still not sure which way to go, but thanks for the kind words again, also thanks to AngloSaxon.

Well guys I have been working on the tail plane for a little while, scaled a drawing I had to 1:24 and using pictures I have.

Started by making the main spares out of brass tube and .003" brass shim then glued together, then made all the connecting spares out of plastic round and .005" sheet. made a jig so that I could keep straight and at this moment making all the connector plates out of .003" brass.

I will post more as I build, hope you enjoy.

IMG_5139.jpg

IMG_5138.jpg

IMG_5137.jpg

IMG_5136.jpg

IMG_5135.jpg

IMG_5134.jpg

Well until next post,

Regards

Richard

• Like 2