1:24 scale Hawker Hurricane

So, when do you start on the scale working merlin?

:hypnotised::shrug::fraidnot:

I am in awe of you sir. Your modelling is fantastic a master class to all.

Rodders

Thank you Rodders, just trying to make it look right.

This is absolutely amazing!

Rene

Thanks Rene

what are you going to do with the finished article Richard? As myself and numerous others have alluded to, this would clean up at any model competition. Perhaps you could lend it to a museum on a long term basis? It would have to be a museum where they appreciate models as works of art and not toys though!

Not sure yet Rich :hmmm: , I have to finish her sometime this century :D

Your B17 belongs in a Museum I have watched every update on this site and the other just brilliant

Somewhere like Hendon in the BoB section maybe? Or Cosford (mainly because that's right by me! :D)

Good one Radleigh we will see.

My first impressions on this build is it a work of art. Pure excellence.

Cheers

Ian

Well not sure if it is a work of art, I do know there are a lot of pieces :doh: to still make.

Hi Richard,

Thanks for showing off your marvellous Hurricane build, I have enjoyed watching your impressive progress.

Cheers,

Daniel.

Thanks Daniel, there will be more to this saga

Looks to me as if the undercarriage will actually retract as per prototype - please tell us that you're making the hydraulics!

Astounding!

Steve

That is what I'am trying to do Steve, but the hydraulics :o:fraidnot:

And where are you going to find the little person small enough to learn to fly this machine, because with all of the detail you have put into it, I expect it will fly and be operational. All I can do is echo the words of all the others on here, your build makes mine feel so inferior. I am grunting and struggling over how to glue a smallish piece of plastic imitating a radiator hose. You are building the hose, the clamps, the fittings to scale and making it look as if there is nothing to it. Simply amazing.

Hi George, now that made me :rofl: but thanks for the kind words, regarding your build it is looking good, keep going.

Thanks everyone, until next time.

Regards

Richard

This is simply stunning. I was impressed with myself the other day when I managed to scratch build an interior bulkhead for a 1/72 Spitfire Mk VI - but this is an education and an inspiration.

I think Radleigh (and several others) have said that you should consider a long term loan to a museum; can I suggest the National Museum of Flight at East Fortune in East Lothian? And no, not just because it is 20 minutes up the road from me.....honest, its not....

Please keep the updates coming, I cannot wait to see this reaching completion :thanks:

DC

Speechless... never ever see a scratchbuild like that.

a masterwork.

thanks for sharing

O.

It is a little bit different "O" or is it Joan? but it does take me along time between updates

This is simply stunning. I was impressed with myself the other day when I managed to scratch build an interior bulkhead for a 1/72 Spitfire Mk VI - but this is an education and an inspiration.

I think Radleigh (and several others) have said that you should consider a long term loan to a museum; can I suggest the National Museum of Flight at East Fortune in East Lothian? And no, not just because it is 20 minutes up the road from me.....honest, its not....

Please keep the updates coming, I cannot wait to see this reaching completion :thanks:

DC

Hi Dave, I do hope it is educational, have made a few piece over and over again trying to find a better way to build, more updates will follow, just got to get down to the model room, no snow at the moment :weep: and this means my lovely Wife has plans for me :boom: !!! until it does.

Regards

Richard

• 2 months later...

Every time I drop in on this thread I feel inspired to have a go as something this involved myself, modelling in it's purest form.

Thanks so much for sharing with us mere mortals!

Can't wait to see the Hurricane finished, though it's going to take a while - well worth it though.

Cheers and all the best for the New Year,

Col' P

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Richard,

I was googling 1/24 hurricanes as I have just been given the old Airfix boxing and I stumbled across this thread! Your work is just incredible, this model is simply stunning.

All the very best to you, I cannot wait to see this inspiring piece finished!

Cheers

Viv

• Like 1

The OP hasn't been on this thread for nearly 17 months now. I'd love to see some more progress on the Hurricane so I do hope he's OK.

Edited by Whistlekiller
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

:wow:Can not believe 3 years has gone by since last post, I do thank you to everyone who posted in the mean time, have been building model just not the Hurri, I wanted to build a model OOB so i started the Canso but I got an reaction with CA glue, so then next up was the Hawker Typhoon, which is still in progress, then started building a 6 wheel Matador with Coles Crane in progress in the amour section, now started a Willys Jeep this is also in the armour section in progress :shrug: :wall::wall:my wife thinks I have ADD !!

Well Kev I took the Tins down from the cupboard just to see how the Hurri was :hmmm:must get back on it.

IMG_0960_zpshtxtp4ba.jpg[/URL]

IMG_0961_zps7jxvzu9z.jpg[/URL]

IMG_0964_zpspy1gu2vz.jpg[/URL]

IMG_0958_zpsvtl7rorn.jpg[/URL]

IMG_0957_zpssvhj4vo5.jpg[/URL]

IMG_0955_zpsqnnuepn7.jpg[/URL]

Until next time, and again thanks to everyone who has looked in.

Regards

Richard

• Like 3

Richard,

I've not commented on this forum before but I followed this thread from afar and looked forward to updates. Seeing your update prompted me finally to pen something.

It would be great to see this model of my favourite aircraft restart. Even if it doesn't, you have shown an enthusiastic but not very productive modeller what can be achieved.

Thanks for sharing your endeavours with us.

Regards

Nick

• Like 1