Hawker Hunter FR 10

The basis for the kit is the 1/48 Academy Hunter F6 with PJ Productions providing the conversion to the FR10 and decals from Xtradecals. Also used was a Vacform Canopy from Squadron.

The plane represents XJ633 'K' from 4 Sqn RAF Gutersloh in the early 1960's - white XJ633 serials from spares box as Xtradecals provide them in black and every picture I have seen of this plane has the serials in white.

Paints Gunze H330/H331 for the Green Grey upper surfaces, with a hard edged mask, and Citadel Chainmail for the high speed Aluminium under surfaces.

Klear was used before decaling and before the Dark Dirt wash, Gunze gloss Clear used as a final clear coat.

Thanks to Bill Clark for his input early on in the piece

IMG_4109.jpg

IMG_4110.jpg

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4113.jpg

IMG_4115.jpg

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

And finally, as so many pictures of Hunters from the early sixties were taken in black and white

IMG_4108.jpg

• Like 1

I've got a funny feeling that this thread is going to run and run with hundreds of appreciative comments! So, here's mine; Absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks very much for the compliments guys, much appreciated

Jonners - the bang seat was the one that came with the PJ Conversion kit

SimonR - the masking was done using a combination of Frisket Film on the flat surfaces and Tamiya masking tape around the curves bits where the Frisket would not bend.

Regards

Hi Graham - excellent build and nice pics - can you tell me your method for spraying the Citadel paints (i.e. what thinner, ratio, etc?) - I've had a number of attempts spraying Citadel metallics with no luck - any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

Edited by KiwiBob

Hi Graham - excellent build and nice pics - can you tell me your method for spraying the Citadel paints (i.e. what thinner, ratio, etc?) - I've had a number of attempts spraying Citadel metallics with no luck - any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Bob - I just use plain ol' water to thin the Citadel paints, anything from 70% paint 30% water to about 50/50 seems to work for me. Hope that helps.