2011-06-18_11.jpg

2011-06-18_10z.jpg

2011-06-18_7.jpg

2011-06-18_5.jpg

2011-06-18_4.jpg

2011-06-18_30.jpg

Edited by FTW

Morning All

Some Buccaneers as rquseted including a few from a Lossiemouth Open Day back in the 80s.

Regards

Frank

2011-06-19_20.jpg

2011-06-19_19.jpg

2011-06-19_18.jpg

2011-06-19_17.jpg

2011-06-19_16.jpg

2011-06-19_14.jpg

2011-06-19_13.jpg

2011-06-19_12.jpg

2011-06-19_11.jpg

2011-06-19_10.jpg

2011-06-19_9.jpg

2011-06-19_8.jpg

2011-06-19_7.jpg

2011-06-19_4.jpg

2011-06-19_3.jpg

2011-06-19_2.jpg

2011-06-19_1.jpg

2011-06-19_0.jpg

Fantastic pics, would love to see some old RAF Herk photos if you have any..

Cheers,

Carl.

I'll se what i can do

F

What fantastic set of photos. I thought i was going to have somekind of crisis then, Buccs, lightnings, phantoms, JP's, sea vixens, RN F4's. Oh dear i'm off again.lol

Thanks for sharing those, truely excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing these Frank,

Some superb shots here and very nostalgic! My favourite so far (and it has been a hard choice) is the RAE Vickers Varsity because I remember seeing that one flying over the Aldershot training areas whilst I was slogging my guts out down below in the mud during P Company!!! The first time I saw it I was on my chinstraps and thought it was a Wellington!! I`m glad it has been preserved at Cosford but I feel old knowing that something which I remember so clearly as flying during my Army career is now a museum piece.

Iwish the RAF would preserve one of their old Herk C.1/C.3`s rather than scrapping them or selling them off via Marshall`s, but thats another story.

Some more RAF Germany pics would be nice if you have any?

All the best

Tony

The way things were . . .F-104's, Lightnings, etc. . . .What's not to like? Those were the days, before everything turned "Grey" Please keep the pics coming! :cheers:

those were the days when you had a great variety of jets,camo schemes and colours. Makes today's airshow pretty dull and grey don't they

those were the days when you had a great variety of jets,camo schemes and colours. Makes today's airshow pretty dull and grey don't they

[/quo

I agree totally. Just back from Waddington via Bruntigthorpe and while I really did enjoy Waddington it was - and it's all relative - pretty bland by comparison to years gone by . But with progress , increased capability, cash cuts and many other competing attractions it's a wonder at all that we still have an Air Force and open days.

I don't have the same enthusiasm for dashing around a display trying to get a shot of everything present and fretting in case I missed something - maybe I'm getting old - well I am getting old - and have been spoiled.

I found the Thunderbirds riveting but I have seen the Arrows so many times I find just don't watch them.

Will get back to psoting some more oldies in a few days

Regards

F

Brilliant photos, they really do take me back to my childhood. I must admit that the old Gannets do have a very personal connection to me as my late dad used to fly them when he was in 849 B in the mid/late '60s - I know that he did fly XL500.

Fascinating stuff, thanks very much.

What is the strange looking Russian plane that looks like a duck on a tripod? Some kind of jet amphibian?

I believe that is the MiG-105, one of the USSR test vehicles for lifting body research.

Cheers,

Bill

Frank, Sir....

Firstly I have to say that you certainly have taken a lot of your time to post these OLDIES BUT GOODIES.

It must have take a lot of patience and your precious time to get these posted and that takes hours I guess....

So for that THANK YOU Sir...

Secondly, These are simply OUTSTANDING ,STUNNING, AWESOME,SUPERB photos. :heart:

Of course some of these must go back many many years seeing them ....some I have never seen in real life at all ! { some are BEAUTIFUL ! }......

Were you , or are you a AIR FORCE Photographer becasue I See that you also have gotten THE USA Shuttle..or part of it..

All I can say is THEY ARE JUST INCREDIBLE.... :wub::wub:

THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing your memories with US...I APPRECIATE them .... :mike:

HOUSTON....

:worthy:

Hi

Thanks for your kind comments

I wasn't an RAF photographer but will likely do a photography course at the photographic school at Cosford - I currently hold a Reserve Commission and do Media Comms duties including news releases, articles and photogrpahy for the Air Cadets in Scotland and have done so for a few years now. Summer camps, help at displays and visits to RAF stations such as Spadeadam, Linton-on-Ouse and Boulmer offered the opportunity on a few occassions to get some good photos. A few articles and the odd picture have appeared in the RAF News in past years. In the 70s I used to write to RAF Bases asking for private visits to photograph the based aircraft and among the bases where I got permission to visit were Leuchars, Coningsby, Sculthorpe, Leconfield and Kinloss

I do have a number of slides of CAF aircraft taken by friend who was a photographer in the Canadian Armed Forces incluidng T33, CF18 and a few other types - I'm still wiating for some shots of Somali MiGs he took on a visit there a while back.

Thanks again for your comments

Regards

F